11 Plus Classroom Assistants
What does the role entail?
11Plus Classroom Assistants are expected to:
- Support teachers during classes on Saturdays.
- Assist the teaching staff with their preparation of classes.
- Create content for our in-house software and contribute to upcoming publications.
- Proof-read our upcoming publications.
- Organise mock examinations and monitor student performances week-to-week.
- Provide 1:1 sessions to pupils who require extra help in Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
What hours do I have to work?
We are looking to hire both part-time and full-time classroom assistants and are flexible with days of work. However, all applicants must be committed to working on Saturdays as our tuition classes are held at weekends and throughout the holidays.
What experience and skills would the ideal candidate have?
- Familiarity of the 11 plus exams and common entrance exams.
- Preferably having attended a grammar school or a senior independent school (as this will mean you have sat the exams yourself).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Good time management skills.
- Can use their initiative.
- Flexible with working hours and dates.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team.
- Confidence in ability to work with children to help them achieve their goal.
What qualifications are required for the position?
- A-Level Grade A in either Mathematics or English.
- Graduate in English Literature or English Language or Mathematics (or numerate discipline).
- Must have strong literacy and numeracy skills.
Where are the classes held?
The classes are at ElevenPlusExams Harrow Centre.
What is the address of the ElevenPlusExams Centre in Harrow?
We are located in central Harrow (great transport links) and our address is -
A Division of Technical One Limited,
Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2EN
Tel: 020 8204 5060
Have a look at the map below.
What does it pay?
The pay will depend on your experience.
I am interested, when can I apply?
Apply as soon as you can. Please send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org