Katherine Belmont vocabulary books

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
littlebaker

Katherine Belmont vocabulary books

Post by littlebaker »

Hi, does anyone know when the third book might be published? My nephew is enjoying the first two but I can't find the antonyms book anywhere. Thanks
littlebaker

Re: Katherine Belmont vocabulary books

Post by littlebaker »

Not sure if anyone else was looking for the third book in the series but I've just noticed it's been published on amazon. Still only available to download but with my technological nephew that's not a problem. Now we just have to crack on with the practice!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Are these books good? Reviewers on amazon have given the Vocabulary book 1 star/5 and Synonyms book 3*/5.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Hi mumsdarling2, my nephew has enjoyed the first two as he prefers to do lots of things 'online'. These books are only available to download as far as I can see but he's enjoyed them. I found from my own children and now with my nephew that if they enjoy what or how they learn it makes it easier for everyone as they're more enthusiastic. I read the reviews aswell but they seemed to be complaining about the presentation which I haven't had a problem with. If I want a glossy book that lasts me a month (at the most!) I can easily pay £8-10 but I think the Katherine Belmont ones only cost about £1.50 and they're full of words my nephew isn't familiar with and they're designed to last a year. The other review seems to be complaining that there aren't any answers but in the author's comments on the books she says something about trying to encourage children to explore the words and their meanings which I agree with. If my nephew had a quick answer to turn to he'd simply move on, without an immediate answer we seem to be finding all sorts of ways of trying to find the answer which seems to throw up even more words which can only be beneficial in the long run. I can only give you my opinion but my nephew and I like the format and the fact that we're forced to search for an answer thereby really stretching my nephew's (and my!) vocabulary. They're reasonably priced too. We've just found them to be really useful vocab tools. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I think you can 'Look Inside' on amazon on each of her books if that helps you decide? Littlebaker