Boggle

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fatbananas

Boggle

Post by fatbananas »

Can anyone recommend this game for spelling? A friend said their DC loved it but it looked like it could only spell 3 (or is it 4) letter words? Does it help with spelling? And, if it is recommended, which version of this game should I get? There seem to be many different types! My DS is about to go into year 3 but, before that, we are about to have a long long long summer holiday journey :roll: ! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
doodles

Re: Boggle

Post by doodles »

Absolutely love Boggle and would definately recommend it, in fact we are taking it on holiday with us. Pretty sure that words can be longer as you move from letter to letter as long as they are connected - it's actually very good for families as you can play it whatever age.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Ok, thanks Doodles. I was just going by size rather than realizing the letters could be connecting but not in straight line. What type of Boggle do you recommend? I've seen Boggle; Boggle Flash; Junior Boggle. Is yours a circle or a tray with letters and a clear plastic lid? Don't know if some are just 'brand-stretch' or whether some are better than others?

I've just seen 'Big Boggle' on Amazon which is a tray of 5 letters.

I'm totally boggled ... :wink:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Oh, ours is the bog(gle) standard version! A square tray with a clear plastic lid/dome - 16 or 25 letters, sorry can't remember if it is 4x4 or 5x5. Just added it to the list to take out of the cupboard to take on holiday.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Great, thanks. Just looked on Amazon again: there's Boggle Flash, Boggle Reinvention, Super Boggle and Boggle Slam! If they just called it Basic Boggle, I'd know which one to get! Will choose one that doesn't need batteries and is cheap (always my philosophy! :lol: )
doodles

Post by doodles »

I'll have a look and let you know.
doodles

Post by doodles »

We have the one in the orange coloured cube box (this link may work http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Boggle/d ... 578&sr=8-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) No batteries required all you need is a pencil and paper for each player.

Bananagrams a little further down the list is excellent too.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Got it! The orange one it is.