Letts 10-11

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
berks_mum

Re: Letts 10-11

Post by berks_mum »

Do you also do work at a set time? My daughter was resistant when we initially started, but she knew I would not compromise if we had agreed to a set time.
Ditto. Nowdays, dd knows that 5.00pm to 6.00pm will be homework/study time. At 5.00pm she herself says I will sit for an hour from 5 -6.00pm and finish as much as I can so that you won't bug me after that :-). She likes to have her little(infinite) free time for free(magic and mysteries) reading. i think their body gets used to the timings and it really helps to break the resistance as it becomes a routine thing.

With extracurricular activities it is getting tough now to stick to that time all 6 days a week so I want to change it to morning but will have to wait till easter for early sunrise.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Hi everyone!

I just want to say that I also have a DD who passed a couple of years ago, but did no practice papers until the end of June and only 2 per week.

However, DS is aiming for a superselective so I plan to start throwing in the odd timed paper from Easter onwards.
VH73

Post by VH73 »

I asked a boy in my DS's school yesterday who sat for the same school (I have in mind) last year, I asked him if he found the papers easy.

He said no they weren't too easy and he added if I consider it for my son, he need lots of practice beforehand. And this boy is known to be one of the brightest in his year-group.

That made me think, I guess Daogroupie is right, it depends on the school too.