Katherine Belmont's books

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

littlebaker

Katherine Belmont's books

Post by littlebaker »

Does anyone know if these are available as actual books as I don't have a kindle type thing? Many thanks.
southbucks3

Re: Katherine Belmont's books

Post by southbucks3 »

Hello,

Firstly posting the question once, in English was enough, perhaps delete the other three?

I just looked at it for you in the free kindle library, to be honest sonasonas list is more helpful, or any of the sections in cpg, bond etc.

The book simply provides just over two hundred and fifty matching synonyms with letters missing in one word, it does not give examples, or answers. You could do this yourself, she suggests five a week, one a day. Just use a thesaurus, be selective and blank out a few letters of your chosen synonym.

Eg: furious. L_ _ id
E.g.2 happy. C_ n_e _t

Hope this helps.
littlebaker

Re: Katherine Belmont's books

Post by littlebaker »

Thanks for your suggestion but I managed to download the kindle app to my computer so I've been able to use the books. I realise I could do it all myself but I work full time and I'm just helping my nephew with his studying for next year's 11+ as a favour to my sister. I think the books are good as it saves me having to spend hours creating questions and my nephew is enjoying doing it all on the computer. Any questions that he's willing to have a go at are worth me investigating :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now