redbrige

Re: Book reading

Post by redbrige »

Lovely ideas :)
Thank you all
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

loobylou wrote: The Mysterious Benedict Society series, The Wildwoods series, The Inkheart series, A Face Like Glass, The Dragonfly Pool... all of these are genuinely fantastic well-written books (just as literary in my opinion as any classic and great vocabulary) and, more to the point, they all gripped my daughter to the point where she was trying to read them all the time. (In fact I have loved them all too!)
In terms of the 11+ (dd now in year 8 ), we didn't do any reading specifically for the 11+. She just read all the time anyway and I spent time (and money) buying books that I thought she would like...
Ditto - DD read all of those by choice, most of them from the library.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
PapersOwl

Post by PapersOwl »

Actually I don't see a problem for now :) She like reading and it's great, and it's okay if she read Harry Potter, maybe later she'll be interested in other genres and topics, but for now don't push her, because she might have changed her mind about reading itself.
When I have an idea to do something crazy - I just do it. All the rest Papersowl do for me!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

I am well aware that some children do not like to much the books written by Michael Morpurgo. Personally, I have read most of his books with my DS during his primary school years ... and I am a big fan of his work! In fact, I am also aware that many children do love reading his work! So for those of you who have DC who enjoys reading his books, maybe this info will interest you:

Michael Morpurgo will return to the Globe this summer to tell the story of The Mozart Question, a tale of friendship and family, truth and secrets.
Narrated by Michael Morpurgo and Alison Reid, the story will also be accompanied by music from Mozart, Beethoven, Bach and Vivaldi, performed by Daniel Pioro on violin and string quartet The Storyteller’s Ensemble.

Suitable for ages 8+. More info here:
http://po.st/TheMozartQuestion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Thank you so much Jane Eyre! My daughter is a huge fan and so I have just booked tickets.
Last edited by Trakka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

You're welcome Trakka... As for myself, I am trying to resist the temptation to buy a ticket for myself! :oops: I love this book to the point that I have even offered it to my sister, a musician ( I don't know how she coped with the language but the illustrations are beautiful too! :lol: ).