11+ CEM Reading 2017 Exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aethel

Re: 11+ CEM Reading 2017 Exams

Post by Aethel »

Sigh. First day of the holidays and my DD2 has gone willingly into her second mock.

I feel like a pushy mum :(
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

I have PM'd you Aethel
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

I am really looking forward to the summer break, we all need a bit of a recharge.

Once this weekend is done I think it's time to do some fun things and just poke in a tiny bit of small scale ticking-over practice along the way. I do feel sorry for all those children who are being two-hours-a-day crammed through the summer and I can't bring myself to do it to my DC!
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Awww Aethel, don't feel too bad, it's for her own good. Which mock is she doing? I'm debating putting DS down for a second mock test.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

BlueBerry wrote:Awww Aethel, don't feel too bad, it's for her own good. Which mock is she doing? I'm debating putting DS down for a second mock test.
It's this provider (Harrow).
Blueberry, thanks :)

Having done this before, I'd observe that two mocks a month or two apart can be reassuring as they don't really let you see orogress, but get the child more used to the whole process and thus reduce nervousness on the day (in theory) and make daft slipups a little less likely. It can also be useful to identify weak spots. If your child isn't going to benefit from that, though, I wouldn't bother.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Cheers Aethel. I'm going to help ld off booking a mock and just focus on the maths that he finds difficult. I've checked online and there seems to be a good availability of mock exams with this provider.

Hope everyone else is ok. And I found out today that the lowest mark accepted for Reading is 113.6.
danny11

Post by danny11 »

Hi BlueBerry, not sure what you mean by Lower accepted mark for Reading. For 2017 entry, places where offered to boys with 111 I think. It depends on the overall performance of boys sitting the test.
I am in the same boat as you. My DS completely refuses to do any work. It is quite frustrating.
As Aethel mentioned, we all need a break at some point.
Let see what happens after a week break...
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Hi danny11

I wish I could give my son a break too but I fear he would never get back into it if I did that. I'm giving him days off here and there rather than a week off at a time (although we are going on a weeks holiday and we won't be doing any work then) On the days when we will be 11+ prepping-I can't envisage it being more than an hour a day.

It's very difficult to get the balance right :roll:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You can always look here for historical data.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This year on allocations day, highest on the waiting list was 110.69. I don't know how many places the waiting list has moved since then.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Tinkers, do you think we will find out what the lowest mark was in order to gain a place at Reading Boys for 2017 start?