SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

almond

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2018 (2019 entry)

Post by almond »

That's very assuring. Thank you Tinkers. I'll sleep peacefully now :)
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Hi can you please advice that my Dc scored 110 for slough I know that we are not eligible to put any slough school on caf.so can we apply next year in year 8 if yes what is the process .certain school take in year 8 .so please advise me which and how we can apply in next year.thank you.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Each of the schools will have their admission criteria on their websites so you can check there whether they have year 8 entry. Whereabouts are you? Did your DC sit the Bucks test? Burnham Grammar takes a while ago extra form in year 8 (or did for the last 2 years - check for next year).
scary mum
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Hi
Thanks for reply
Yes he cleared the bucks test.and we are in Reading .so is there any chance get in Burnham grammar .Thank you .and how is this school .thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Smart123 wrote:Hi
Thanks for reply
Yes he cleared the bucks test.and we are in Reading .so is there any chance get in Burnham grammar .Thank you .and how is this school .thanks

In short no. (On phone been driven to work)
vita

Post by vita »

With a standardised score of 124 and living within the priority 3 area of Langley Grammar school, what are the chances of getting of a place in Langley Grammar ? Is it worth trying or mentioning in the CAF ?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Smart123 wrote:Hi can you please advice that my Dc scored 110 for slough I know that we are not eligible to put any slough school on caf.so can we apply next year in year 8 if yes what is the process .certain school take in year 8 .so please advise me which and how we can apply in next year.thank you.
Hi, Unfortunately if you don't reach the eligible score for The Slough Consortium you can't apply again until Y12 (6th Form) it's a very different system to Bucks.
Your only hope would be to appeal but I know nothing about Slough appeals!

This is what UCGS says:
"Applicants who have previously sat the Consortium 11+ test but did not attain a score of at least 111 may not be considered for in year entry in years 7-11"

LGS:
"Any applicant who has previously sat the Consortium 11+ admission examination but did not attain a score of at least 111 at that time will not be eligible for consideration for entry to Years 8-11"

Herschel:
Please be aware that pupils who have previously taken the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools 11+ entrance examination, our in-year entrance examinations or an in-year admissions examination for a Slough Grammar School, will not be permitted to sit another examination whilst in Years 7-11.

St Bernards:
"Applicants who have previously sat the Slough Consortium 11+ test but did not attain a score of 111 or above will not be considered for entry to Years 7-11.
No other pupils will be admitted to the school, other than at the start of Year 7, unless there are available places and:
I. they are transferring from another grammar school; or
II. they have not already taken the Slough Consortium 11+ test

Best of luck you were very close.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

vita wrote:With a standardised score of 124 and living within the priority 3 area of Langley Grammar school, what are the chances of getting of a place in Langley Grammar ? Is it worth trying or mentioning in the CAF ?
Hi, last year there were no admissions from Priority area 3
2018 entry: Langley: all eligible from priority 1 area, rank score to 115 in priority 2 area

But the previous years there have been with lower scores than yours!
It's impossible to know what will happen this year, could well be a repeat of last year?

If it were me, I would include it on the CAF in my true order of preference. (assuming you don't fill your choices with schools that you have more of a chance with of course!)

Good luck
viking

Post by viking »

My Son scored 128 in slough consortium exam.
We live in stanmore. What is the realistic chances of getting into any slough schools?

In what order should we put them in CAF form?

Thanks
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

viking wrote:My Son scored 128 in slough consortium exam.
We live in stanmore. What is the realistic chances of getting into any slough schools?
Have you read the admissions criteria for each school - it is all in there for you:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viking wrote: In what order should we put them in CAF form?

Thanks
you should put schools in your true preference order