slough test crowds

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Proud-Dad

slough test crowds

Post by Proud-Dad »

11plusmaze wrote:Any idea on How may children appeared for 2021 Slough Test ? The number was low last year due to Covid impact. Will be interesting to see if the numbers are back up again as we are in much better situation this year.

Year No of Children
2017 - 4241
2018 - 4800
2019 - 4515
2020 - 3677
2021 - ?

You can watch my YouTube video to get an idea how many people turned up for the morning session. It was packed out.

Link removed by moderators following complaints - please note from the forum rules and FAQ :

6(a). Links or references (direct or indirect) to blogs and commercial websites

Note 6 (i): All external links are at the discretion of moderators, but there is unlikely to be an objection to links to official websites, such as the DfE, and to newspaper articles on educational topics (provided copyright is respected)
dhanepud

Re: Slough tests today

Post by dhanepud »

Proud-Dad wrote:
11plusmaze wrote:Any idea on How may children appeared for 2021 Slough Test ? The number was low last year due to Covid impact. Will be interesting to see if the numbers are back up again as we are in much better situation this year.

Year No of Children
2017 - 4241
2018 - 4800
2019 - 4515
2020 - 3677
2021 - ?

You can watch my YouTube video to get an idea how many people turned up for the morning session. It was packed out.

link removed
Are you even allowed to take video like that ? Isn't it breach of privacy ?

You took videos of people (even kids!) and sharing it on social media without their consent. This is very inappropriate imho.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

dhanepud wrote:
Proud-Dad wrote:

Year No of Children
2017 - 4241
2018 - 4800
2019 - 4515
2020 - 3677
2021 - ?

link removed
Are you even allowed to take video like that ? Isn't it breach of privacy ?

You took videos of people (even kids!) and sharing it on social media without their consent. This is very inappropriate imho.
It was not directed at any children. More to show how crowded it was and the building. I think common sense is needed here.

(Lots of people were taking pictures and videos)

I do not think there is anything wrong with the video but if the admins think it's wrong then il delete the link as for the YouTube video. You can make a complaint to YouTube if you like and if YouTube decide to take the video down then its fine by me. The video will stay online for now from my side.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

I feel the video is inappropriate too.

I wouldn't like it if my kids were filmed waiting outside the 11+.

How would you all feel if your kids were in that video?
semb

Post by semb »

semb

Post by semb »

Proud-Dad wrote:
Proud-Dad wrote:

link removed

It was not directed at any children. More to show how crowded it was and the building. I think common sense is needed here.

(Lots of people were taking pictures and videos)

I do not think there is anything wrong with the video but if the admins think it's wrong then il delete the link as for the YouTube video. You can make a complaint to YouTube if you like and if YouTube decide to take the video down then its fine by me. The video will stay online for now from my side.
[/quote]

If "lots of people" were taking pictures and videos, then "lots of people" should know better. Or at least, "lots of people" need educating on why this is so inappropriate if they can't see that it is. I would be fuming if a video including my child had been put on youtube, or anywhere online without my consent. And just think of the safeguarding implications if there was a Looked After Child or a child adopted from a troubled birth family in your video, where online postings need to be avoided to protect their safety. You have potentially taken away their caregiver's ability to protect them. All to "show how crowded it was".

If you can have any thought for other people's rights and wishes, you should remove the youtube video yourself. It's not right, and it certainly isn't necessary. Why do people "need" to see that somewhere was crowded??