READING RESULTS THEAD 2021 (2022 Entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alokp

Re: READING RESULTS THEAD 2021 (2022 Entry)

Post by Alokp »

Not sure if this is allowed on the forums, but there is a public link for anonymized scores - if you can fill your DS's score, it will give a fair idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

@tinkers: based on the excel and your wealth of experience, would you give any pointers to what the cut off could look like for 01 Mar.
The school is offering an open day to DS's who have achieved the min cut off. Any questions that should be asked other than % weightage of english and maths ( parents are assuming its equal)
225, seems like a sensible number to me for 01 Mar allocations.
TAJ001

Post by TAJ001 »

Alokp wrote:Not sure if this is allowed on the forums, but there is a public link for anonymized scores - if you can fill your DS's score, it will give a fair idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

New link is now circulating

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
user12134

Post by user12134 »

Hi,

Is there any chance for my DS who is out of catchment (SL6 - Maidenhead) with quite a high score or it would be a waste of slot on CAF?

Kind regards.
mad?

Post by mad? »

We have provided you with historical data for Reading here I’m sure you are aware that Maidenhead is not in catchment. I notice you have been a forum member for many years and have been helped with your DD as well. I’m not sure if you have any further DC to 11+ but if you do I would thoroughly recommend exploring admissions policies and data before deciding to sit the test rather than waiting until CAF submission deadline day. It really will save you a world of stress.
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

user12134 wrote:Hi,

Is there any chance for my DS who is out of catchment (SL6 - Maidenhead) with quite a high score or it would be a waste of slot on CAF?

Kind regards.
I don’t think Reading have allocated day places to anyone outside of catchment for many years, certainly not in the years I’ve been ‘around’.

Unless you were interested in a boarding place of course, but you’d need to make sure you’ve done the required paperwork.
user12134

Post by user12134 »

Thanks you tinkers and mad.
Confused_Parent_2022

Post by Confused_Parent_2022 »

Is there anyway to find out what constitutes as 'of the standard' for the creative writing paper? i.e. is there a minimum pass mark? I am guessing a FOI request wouldn't give anything further?

Also, is my understanding right that they will only look at CW result if there is a tie break or do they need to have say (based on this years cut off) 225 + of the standard in CW? What happens if they get say for example 230 + not of the standard in CW? Is there still a chance that they will get offered just on the maths/english score.

CW is not a strong point for us so just trying to figure out how much support/focus we should give in this area.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Confused_Parent_2022
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Confused_Parent_2022 wrote:I....CW is not a strong point for us so just trying to figure out how much support/focus we should give in this area....
If the school is suitable (ie you tick all the Admission Criteria except scores), then with enough work your CW weakness can be turned around. I wouldn't underestimate a child's ability to produce some amazing work if you can somehow manage to turn that switch on.

Good luck.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now