Slough Grammar 2009 11+ Exam Paper Timings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sainim

Slough Grammar 2009 11+ Exam Paper Timings

Post by sainim »

Hi

Would anyone know what the exam paper timings for 11+ are this year for non-verbal, verbal and maths at Slough Grammar school.

I'm aware and to share with you that Langley & Hershel have changed the 20 mins non-verbal paper to be 50 mins. Also the verbal reasoning will be for 50 mins.

Thanks for your replies.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Hi,

I obtained the CD given out at the open evening last month. The CD contained the information you are requesting and is as follows:

NVR split into 2 sections. Each section lasts 10 minutes and contain 20 questions.

VR lasts 50 minutes and contains 80 questions.

Maths lasts 50 minutes and contains 50 questions.

Hope this helps.
sainim

Post by sainim »

Hi Thanks for your reply. I didn't go through the CD and now I'll. Just to clarify on NVR. You said it has 2 sections. Does each section have 20 questions so 40 in total, or there are only 20 questions total i.e. 10 questions per section and to be done in 10 minutes per section?

Further I think they are allowed to do the practice questions 1st before doing the 10 questions. Do the practice questions form part of the testing? Silly question but I don't know if they are marked on practice questions also!
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Hi,

Don't know the exact answer, I am quoting exactly from the CD. I would have thought that it was 20 questions per section, one minute per question sounds loo long for it to be 20 questions overall. I will ask my DD when she comes home from school as she sat the Slough test last November. I doesn't sound like it has changed since last year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now