Itchy trousers!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mudskipper40

Itchy trousers!

Post by mudskipper40 »

Popped into Jackson's today to purchase Reading School uniform.

The trousers are 45% wool - my son had them on less than a minute before he complained about the itching. I can't wear wool and I suspect he's the same. I phoned John Lewis and the trousers they supply are also 45% wool. Has anyone found a supplier of non-wool trousers that match the jacket (or a non wool boy's grey suit)? How strict are the school about them matching exactly? I guess our only alternative is getting them lined, but sounds like an expensive option!

Thanks!

Edited to add:

Just rang Jackson's and they will line them for £13.25, so not as expensive as I'd feared!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes but remember you will be buying new trousers on a regular basis!

I think I would contact the school and explain the problem - they must have met this before.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

We buy our trousers for Reading School from M&S and find the shade of grey a good match for the jacket, and no wool content!
mudskipper40

Post by mudskipper40 »

Excellent, thanks Torrylee - M&S it is!
MortimerM

Post by MortimerM »

I am not an expert, but I have spoken to other expert Mums who do the same and buy the jacket from Jackson's/John Lewis and the trousers from M&S. It will definitely be the cheaper and more washable option.

We will be following you this coming weekend on the Reading uniform purchasing adventure. :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

not Reading School, but I have been buying my son's school trousers from M&S for ages (he's just finished Y11) and they are very hard wearing.
mudskipper40

Post by mudskipper40 »

Definitely sounds like the way to go - the trousers I got from Jackson's were over £30 a pair (and I bought two pairs!) :shock:

As we've got them, I may go ahead and get them lined so that he's got the right thing on 'day 1', then it'll be M&S for replacements thereafter. The M&S colour isn't identical and DS is paranoid about not being the same as everyone else.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

mudskipper40 wrote:DS is paranoid about not being the same as everyone else.
That is very important :) they want to be anonymous and not be the odd one out. Nobody wears a coat, jumpers only when minus ten degrees, death by freezing is more attractive. :roll:

Prepare for haircut battles, the preferred style is mop top. :lol:

steve
Milli

Post by Milli »

Last Year, BHS had a better colour match than M&S.

We bought some Jacksons trousers but took one unworn pair back - the other was worn twice - washed loads of times, he cannot wear them! They will go to the school shop with his jacket eventually.

Before you take the trousers back - take them to the shops with you as best to colour match with. Once Sainsbury's had a perfect colour match - but very lightweight trousers so only good for Summer.
MortimerM

Post by MortimerM »

Thanks for this info.... To be honest I'm not sure DS will really notice whether the match is good. But once I have got jacket tomorrow, I will take it along to all available school trouser shops for good matching!! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now