Reading Boys Maths exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Complete Novice

Reading Boys Maths exam

Post by Complete Novice »

We are preparing for Reading Boys exam this November and having spent probably far too long on Verbal Reasoning (may not even come up! :D ), we are now turning our attention to the Maths component. I have read previously that the exam is relatively "straightforward" but I wondered whether anyone's DS had been more expansive after the exam and maybe compared the difficulty level of the Reading test with any particular level of practice paper or perhaps said whether it was maths problems rather than straight questions? Also, does anyone know whether you are expected to implement Bodmas or just work from the left as you are expected to do in the Nfer tests?

Finally, I was wondering whether it was VR or NVR last year: it would be far too simple to hope it would just alternate year by year,but it would be interesting to know anyway!

Thank you!

CN
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

HI CN,

DS sat exam last Nov. It was NVR. Maths did have a few wordy 'Z-Type' problems in there, but it was no harder than the SAT's KS2 paper, and not as hard as some of the VR 'Z-Types'. They officially learn BIDMAS/ BODMAS at secondary, so at this stage it's straight forward left to right. For the English paper, I agree with Steve's advice - practice past KS2 Reading papers.

HTH

:)

BW
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Thanks Bewildered! We will also look out for some KS2 reading materials although I have been finding that most of them aren't multiple choice but I suppose just seeing how DS interprets the questions is useful in itself.

Once again, many thanks
CN