exams over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

flower

exams over

Post by flower »

Now that all the eleven plus exams are over can anyone tell me did nfer type questions (as sold in the shops) come up for verbal, non-verbal and maths as my son will be sitting it next year. and what the format was for non-verbal reasoning section.
SJ

Post by SJ »

What area are you from as the tests are slightly different with varying types of questions covered in some areas.
flower

Post by flower »

from berkshire
Guest2

Exams today

Post by Guest2 »

My daughter appeared exam at Slough Grammar. Contrary to what NFER answer sheets say, the pupils were told to fill the boxes. NFER shows marking a firm line. This ate up a lot of time it seems and my daughter wasn't able to finish the papers.

She was doing well during preparations. This sudden change puzzled her. Does anyone have similar experience?
Guest2

Exams today

Post by Guest2 »

My daughter appeared exam at Slough Grammar. Contrary to what NFER answer sheets say, the pupils were told to fill the boxes. NFER shows marking a firm line. This ate up a lot of time it seems and my daughter wasn't able to finish the papers.

She was doing well during preparations. This sudden change puzzled her. Does anyone have similar experience?

SG test

Post by Guest »

My daughter also sat it at SG and was told to just use a single line (as we had done in practice)
So maybe you just got a dodgy invigilator!
We all know that time is critical in all the tests but especially the NV so maybe it would give you grounds to appeal?????
Guest2

Exams over

Post by Guest2 »

That's strange. It was quite demoralising for my daughter and us. Many thanks for the information. Hope we are successful in the end.
Guest2

Exams over

Post by Guest2 »

That's strange. It was quite demoralising for my daughter and us. Many thanks for the information. Hope we are successful in the end.

Post by Guest »

To all parents whose children sat the test this year

which question types came up in non-verbal reasoning this year , i am preparing for next year and need all the hints and tips i can get

thankyou :)
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi guest,

It is possible that not all the tests are over. Giving away the NVR questions could give an unfair advantage to lake takers.

Best wishes

Catherine
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now