Older child sought to chaperone year 7 boy to Slough Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Plumbuddle

Post by Plumbuddle »

Yes unfortunately only year 8 or 9, so couldn't lumber them with that responsibility or ask them to be reliable! Not only that but at this early stage one cannot tell who played what role and why. With a sixth former it would be a case of doing it officially with the school's knowledge, and giving remuneration so that they could treat it as a paper-round-type job and therefore make a commitment.

Thanks everyone for your support
just wondering....

Post by just wondering.... »

:?: A few months have gone by since you wrote these messages about your boy and I was wondering if it's all settled down on the 81 bus? We did consider it as a route for my two children but they said because it was a free bus it was always so packed they really didn't want to try it.
Plumbuddle

Ealing-Slough run

Post by Plumbuddle »

The crowding can vary and it can be very overrun, especially at peak times. I recommend going in early and leaving late. Our son is now chaperoned by his adult cousin on the ride so we have no troubles to report. However the cousin will not be doing the job from autumn on so we will then be looking for carsharing as before! Unfortunately because of the level of difficulties that the other child still presents we would not let our son use this bus unchaperoned, but on the other hand it is no doubt a particular relationship between the two of them and I've not heard from my nephew about any bullying of other children in general. To me it seems a generally very peacable little ride and if you get on when the bus is relatively empty, homework can be done.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now