Slough 11+ results 2006

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

*But* (and this is not talking about specific questions in case anyone is about to shoot me down) My son did his Slough 11+ on the Saturday with the children who didn't sit it in their own primary school. A friend whose daughter sat the test in her own Berks primary school phoned me after our test and we were talking about questions. Her daughter definitely had a question in her test that my son didn't have in his. So maybe different papers? Just a thought.

Hope this is a safe way of talking about questions! Thought it might be useful for others to know.

JuliaB

Although thinking about it, maybe not so useful. But I wanted to say it anyway! Jx

missed 11 plus sitting

Post by Guest »

my child missed the test yeasterday at herchel when do you think i will get another date
chad

Post by chad »

Was this a late sitting for the test?
The mass sitting was on the first Saturday in November.

I would think you would have to contact the school direct for any information as the 'Slough' grammars run there own entrance tests (not the LEA).

Post by Guest »

yes it was a late sitting
worried

Post by worried »

Is everyone looking forward to the result? I hope we all get it on Thursday.
Does anyone know what the maximum score you can get for the Slough test? I know that you need minimum 111, but that doesn't guarentee a place in any of the schools. I also know that Langley is looking for 120 or so. Herschel isn't really saying much, but last year a lot of 111 didn't get in to Herschel. Is 111 they are looking for out of 141? What is the highest score you have heard of in the slough test? I have only heard of 122 or low.

Good luck to everyone.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi worried,

The highest score is 141, and I have heard of 130+ but most children I know got 125 and below.

Best of luck

Catherine
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Hi Worried

I don't understand why 'a lot of Herschel applicants didn't get through on 111' I thought 111 was the pass mark for all Slough schools?

Incidentally the best mark I've heard of is 130 for Slough.

JuliaB
Smita

Post by Smita »

Since Langley have upped their intake from 120 to 145 for Sept 2007, score needed to get in to langley will obviously be lower. Any thoughts?
Road Runner

Slough intake

Post by Road Runner »

I know all the children from my sons primary school who passed last eyar got into Herscel and there were atleast 18

Melx
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I thought that the intake for Langley had been 145 for a few years. Not sure..
As for the pass mark it is 111 for all four schools, but if the school is oversubscribed, applicants with the lowest scores don't get a place.
I know someone who got a place in Langley with 116 last year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now