Reading Boys - Non Verbal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Terri

Reading Boys - Non Verbal

Post by Terri »

How hard is the NVR at Reading ? Is it around the standard of the Bond 11+ books or is it harder ?

Is there any chance that it might not contain nets of cubes ? My son manages 50% on this section, whilst getting 9 or 10 out of 12 on other sections.

Anxiously hoping for verbal reasoning ......
Terri
stevew61

Re: Reading Boys - Non Verbal

Post by stevew61 »

Terri wrote:How hard is the NVR at Reading ? Is it around the standard of the Bond 11+ books or is it harder ? Anxiously hoping for verbal reasoning ......
Terri
Hi Terri,

Sorry I do not know, but a veteran of the last two years NVR :shock: will be along shortly. :)

General feeling is that nets do not come up, but you never...

I would say odds on VR this year.

The Reading Exam is a bit off a marathon, maths (comparatively easy), English (lots of questions a test of speed), NVR timed sections (a test of nerves) or VR (lots of questions in a reduced time :roll: )

I would concentrate on exam technique and confidence for the next couple of weeks, do fun stuff (parts of old papers) so he gets big scores. 8)

Good luck. :)

steve
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hi Terri,

NVR is of same level as NFER NVR. Look at Stephen Curran books to get a broader range of papers that are similar. They were the standard types used in NFER and no Nets (thankfully).

Odds on VR though this year :D

HTH

BW
Terri

Post by Terri »

Thank you.Will go back to Math, English and VR.....

Terri