Reading & Kendrick Exam 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2dornot2d

Results date for Kendrick?

Post by 2dornot2d »

Hello, does anyone know when the Kendrick results are due out?
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Kendrick results are not available until after school allocation day on 1 March 2010. Judging by what happened last year they will post results to candidates that day so should arrive 2 March for people that gave them an envelope with a first class stamp! It is a long wait ... :(
coventry

Post by coventry »

Hi Maggi,

Yes same as your Ds, comprehension easy and punctuation harder.

Just worries me when they say it was easy!!!
deontological

When it's all over ...

Post by deontological »

I'm not sure just how much these boys mature in those few hours. My DS came out with a smirk on his face. I then conducted a totally unscientific exit-poll which suggests that everyone thought the Reading exams were "easy".

Of course, easier exams do not mean more boys will get into the school. If it were up to me, I'd prefer to sit much harder exams because that way the chance of being stuck in the narrow band of the cut-off score would be slightly lower. How I love to wipe that smirk off my DS's face!
stevew61 wrote: :) :) Well done CN and son, see they come out happy, I think they mature a little bit in those few hours, they realise that all that hard work was worth it, wherever they go that lesson and experience goes with them. :)

Congrats on Bucks.

steve
There's no better time than now.
Bewildered

Re: When it's all over ...

Post by Bewildered »

deontological wrote: I then conducted a totally unscientific exit-poll which suggests that everyone thought the Reading exams were "easy".
It was the same last year and the year before.
As I was waiting I overheard boys saying 'it was easy' to their parents over and over again. :?
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

My son didn't say that all the exams were easy, so that's at least one that disagreed. I'm hoping that that is just because he is generally a very measured boy and remembers vividly any question he had doubts about. I have certainly heard of a few questions from him that I would not consider easy!

Perhaps it would be a good thing though if Reading made the tests a little tougher so that the scores needed to be less perfect and those who do make the odd careless mistake wouldn't necessarily be out of the running.

Has anyone's son done Reading, not found it a piece of cake and then gone on to get in?

CN
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Complete Novice wrote:Has anyone's son done Reading, not found it a piece of cake and then gone on to get in? CN
Yes. :) DS in 2006, where has the time gone.

He found Maths easy, VR time pressured and English hard, as time went by he became more and more despondent about the English, but we got there in the end. :)

I wouldn't think about it too much between now and March, easier said than done. :lol:

steve
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Yes mine also, CN.

Although I heard other boys saying that they found it easy, neither of mine did. Both actually came out and were unsure about the Reasoning, Maths and English questions. i.e something on each paper :roll:
As with Steve's DS, they also agreed that out of the three, the Maths was their best one.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Thank you Stevew61 and Bewildered, that's encouraging.

Like your DSs, he felt maths was fine (although he checked two answers with me which hopefully he appears to have got right) , unsure of a couple on reasoning and a couple on English. I have faith in his ability to remember tough ones, so hopefully he was relatively confident on the rest subject to the usual careless lapses. :lol:
CN
deontological

EASY? Taking it with a pinch of salt ...

Post by deontological »

I'd like to settle this discussion and paranoia over what the boys would say are the "easy" exams.

From experience, an overwhelmingly large majority of our ten and eleven-year old boys are either openly optimistic to the grandeur of becoming self-gratuitously delusional about what constitute an easy exam, or are so indifferent to the outcome that everything preceding it is unimportant and not worthy of a moment of consideration and reflection and hence they come out with the “easyâ€
There's no better time than now.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now