Reading/Kendrick Results looming!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

I agree with Steve, looks like a short wait before you hear the good news Scarlet. :D

Congratulations justmum!!!! :D
ks

Post by ks »

Well done to all Kendrick and Reading successes.

Scarlet - if this year is anything like last year, you may well hear this week.
The biggest moves seem to be in week 1 but it continues through the summer (I am aware of one child (20+ on the wait list) who heard in June last year). So fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

The wait is driving me crazy! How come I managed fine from November till now but knowing she is only no. 5 on the list and waiting for her name to come up is excrutiating. The LEA have said we should hopefully know something by Friday next week, so until then - ARGH!

Scarlet :wink:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Don't worry Scarlet, it'll be on it's way :D

Concentrate on what Reward you'll be getting for DD, new PC, a new pet :shock: , mobile or a meal out. Make a list, scrunch each idea up, place in hat and when you hear get DD to pick out her prize :wink:

Seriously, people will be returning acceptance/non acceptance letters, so LA advise is sound, should know something by next Friday.

Fingers are crossed that it comes sooner

:D

BW
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

So far everyone who has replied has accepted their place. That said I didn't ask how many had replied so it doesn't meaning anything in itself.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

I do feel for you Scarlet. Presumably if everyone has accepted so far, there has been no movement whatsoever on the list. It must be very frustrating but it surely it has to be sooo unlikely that everyone will accept.

Quite often girls who are offered Kendrick will be holding scholarship offers elsewhere, particularly to the Abbey. They will probably be wracked with indecision and waiting until the last moment to commit. Fingers crossed for you that they choose the indie.

CN
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Scarlet wrote:Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

So far everyone who has replied has accepted their place. That said I didn't ask how many had replied so it doesn't meaning anything in itself.
It does seem slower than recent years :? hopefully a big movement will occur early next week as the two week deadline expires.

I will double cross fingers and toes for you. :)

steve

Edit, this might help :) but this year does seem much slower :?

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 2d581ddb41
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Thinking of you Scarlet :? . The wait must be agony and as Steve said, much slower than previous years. Still think you are in a very strong position though :) .

Hoping for good news for you :D .

Torrylee
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Oh thank you so much. I do wish I had found this website prior to my daughters sitting the exam!

Ah well I have another daughter sitting it a couple of years so better late than never. :P
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Talk about grasping at straws! I am sitting here all excited because when I rang to ask if there had been any movement on the waiting list they asked for my daughters details and said that they would call me back after they had checked the list for me.

I think it may be time to open up the chocolate - chocolate has milk in it, milk is dairy - so really just like having a yoghurt for brunch. :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now