Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

crazylass

Waiting lists

Post by crazylass »

My DD is on the waiting list for SGS.

What is a "good" number on the list? What number realistically can we expect to get offered a place with?

Any parents from previous years able to offer any advice?

We are under 50th on the waiting list.

Many thanks x
chad

Post by chad »

I can't comment on the waiting list number.... but the historical data (gleaned from the forum) is here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&start=0

SGS

2005 entry........111
2006 entry........112 & some 111
2007 entry........112 & some 111

First round offers in 2007 were

LG 120
HG 114
SG 113

First round offers in 2008 were

LG 120
HG 114
SG 113

First round offers in 2009 were

Langley 117
Herschel 115

Seems like the possible first round offers this year are as follows.''

LG 118
HG 115
SG 114

I will trawl the forum to see if I have missed any info that has been posted about last year!!!
crazylass

Post by crazylass »

Thanks for that.

I guess its just (another!) waiting game now. Am not really confident that my DD will get in on her waiting list number, we would be relying on a lot of other children getting accepted at other schools and taking up the offer or people moving areas.

Am consoling myself that the local comp that DD has been allocated is easier for her to get to and a lot of her friends from her current school are also going.

Am still proud of her acheiving a place on the waiting list, she did very well, its just a shame (for her) that even after passing that she didn't get in.

Hoping to have some fingernails left by Sept !!

Thanks again.
crazylass

Post by crazylass »

Got a letter from SGS today and stupidly got excited but she has only moved up 6 places, thought there would be more movement than that :(

Really not confident she will get a place there now.

The letter was dated 17th so assumming its taken all the acceptances etc into account that were in by the deadline of the 15th.

Any other parents on the waiting list?

Is there a point where the lists seem to move a bit faster? Am assuming 2nd round offers will have been sent out same day as my letter?

Must have been a really high standard this year.
chad

Post by chad »

As you can see from the other berkshire thread

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 1&start=60

Kendrick have not had approx 20% of the offers back...... this could mean there may be 20% still to be allocated.
It could be the same for SGS!!!

:?
crazylass

Post by crazylass »

Thanks for that Chad, interesting, gives a little more hope, but with her being at number 40 I think its unrealistic to think she will get offered a place.

Still, all is not lost until the 30th Sept!
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Thinking of you Crazylass any news yet. Maybe you will hear something after Easter as I am sure people will have to decide between indies or grammars or forfeit a terms fees. Lets hope they choose the indie over the grammar for your benefit. It seems wrong that their isn't a grammar school place for every child that passes/meets the grade!!
worried

St Bernards

Post by worried »

Hi.,

Any idea about the vacancies and allocation in St Bernards school? When is this school loost the grammar school status?

Cheers,
w
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hello worried, I believe there were places after the initial allocation and possibly after second allocations. Appeals were heard a few weeks ago, and as with last year I would imagine all places will be filled by the lucky few succesful at that stage. If not I believe they run a waiting list for children with pass marks and above. You should contact the school to find out.
As far as the merger with St Joseph's and the losing of the GS status, I believe the Expression of Interest by interested parties (ie the Diocese and the LEA) was submitted to the DCSF (or whatever you'd like to call it now) just before the general election, so we have to wait to see what the new government will make of it :shock:

Not sure if I've helped really, sorry
worried

Thanks

Post by worried »

Hi Looking for help,

Thanks for your info. My appeal was heard and My son got into St.Bernards.
Only reason of worry is if the school looses GS status later get academy status he is no better off as he is also got a placement at Langley Academy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Worried
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now