Question Types in VR/NVR for Slough consortium schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muvvalac

Question Types in VR/NVR for Slough consortium schools

Post by muvvalac »

I am in the impression that question types in the real test will be same (or more/less similar) to the question types in GL-Assessment (formerly NFER) 11+ practice papers for VR/NVR of Slough Consortium/Buckinghamshire/Slough grammar school.

But I was told by one of the ******* that question types can be entirely different in real test. Also I just spoke to GL Assessment and they have confirmed that questions types can be entirely different in real test than to what appears in practice papers.

Any ideas, if question types are also not same as in practice papers then what is the limit of preparation. There has to be some syllabus to be followed, some says types of questions in bond series also not all required.

Though my son consistently gets above 80% and most of the times 90% correct in various VR/NVR practice papers (I don't know if this enough or if 95% or more has to be correct to get place in any GS) but sometimes I get really worried.

I just bought IPS papers now as somewhere I read all question types will be same as question types in IPS papers for Bucks 11+ test

Help please

advertising removed