Should leave London and come to Berkshire for schools?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moving_out

Should leave London and come to Berkshire for schools?

Post by moving_out »

We live in West London but are concerned about secondary schools. Should we move to Berkshire for schools? If so, where would be good for primary now and also eventually grammar school applications later? We work outside Maidenhead but would like easy access to London to see family, etc.
chad

Re: Should leave London and come to Berkshire for schools?

Post by chad »

Berkshire has 6 grammar schools - 4 (co-ed) in Slough and 2 (1 Girls, 1Boys) in Reading.

In Slough both Herschel & Slough grammar have a partial catchment policy while Langley select completely on highest score first and St Bernards is also a faith school.

There are also some good comps in RBWM (Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead)
Windsor Boys School has always had a good reputation and Charters in Ascot is supposed to be excellent... but obviously you would need to be in catchment.

It may be worth looking at Bucks as well ... lots of Grammar schools (Burnham Grammar is the closest to Maidenhead)
I don't know about Maidenhead comps....not my area but I am sure someone would be able to point you in the right direction.

As for primary schools...RBWM are still running the 'Middle' school system
First school R-Y4, Middle school Y5-Y8, senior school Y9 - Y11 (12/13 sixth form)
All other areas change to senior at Year 7.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now