Headteacher reports to Secondary School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Janice

Headteacher reports to Secondary School

Post by Janice »

Dear All

I understand that the headteacher at my childs school will be sending a report to her new school Herschel Grammar in the near future. Does anyone know whether we as parents have the right to see the report prior to it being sent to the new school. What does the report contain and is it on a standard form for all pupils. Also when are the SATs results available.

Janice
WOBW

Post by WOBW »

I am not sure whether we have the right to see the report. I am interested to find this out too, because my son's teacher has been going on at him since September about it. She has been scaring him with every little thing he hasn't done to perfection.

I believe the SAT result will be out at the end of June, not sure of the exact date though.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Janice and WOBW

Perhaps your schools are referring to the Common Transfer File, which contains specific information on your child, including test results. See the following link

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/management" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?code=furt

Re SATs results will be sent to the school by 10 July.

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

WOBW wrote:I am not sure whether we have the right to see the report.
I thought that the schools were not allowed to withold information from the parents about their own children, although they can be very reluctant to deliver.

It would be interesting to find out exactly..
WOBW

Post by WOBW »

Thank you Patricia. That link was useful. I think, the teacher must been talking about this common transfer file. I just wonder whether they are allowed to comment on a personal level. My son's teacher was not very easy to please until the 11+ result came through. Although his SAT results until then were brilliant, she was negetive towards him. Since the 11+, she has been prasing him non-stop.
I will ask at the parents meeting to see this file and see if she let us see it. I will let you know Catherine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now