Kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Mum10,

Thats tough. Form a plan, ask where she is on waiting list and how far it moves each year, we know that Reading often goes to 108.

Good luck.

stevew61

I know you won't feel it now but be proud of getting this far.
mum10

Post by mum10 »

thanks for all your support!, i am having a good cry, will be okay by the time daughter comes from school, whole system seems so unfair, only i know how hard she tried, she got 110 and need 114, but i have heard that not much likelyhood of anyone refusing place at Kendrick!
mum

Post by mum »

mum10,

I know two girls refused places at Kendrick last year. One continued with her private school and other one as well entered at some other private school with full scholarship ............
Did you have any waiting list no. @ 110. .......did you check it online?
I'm getting prepared for next year this time...............would be ready for any news............
mum
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Mum10,

Know it wasn't quite what you wanted to hear, but there is still some hope.

She's done a great job, and I'm sure you're still very proud of her.

Good luck

BW
Laid back Son,Worried Mum

Post by Laid back Son,Worried Mum »

Mum10
Very sorry, the news is not what you or daughter hoped for.It's always our job to pick up the pieces,isn't it?
be proud of getting this far.
Stevew61

She should feel really proud because she's done all this for herself..so motivated. You could show her these supportive messages if she feels down.

If you think appeal is not going to work because of few people not accepting your school and the comp is good,she will be the Creme da la Creme not only in your eyes but also in her school.

Thinking of you>
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

she will be the Creme da la Creme not only in your eyes but also in her school.

Absolutely agree!!!!!!!!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Laid back Son,Worried Mum wrote:Mum10
Very sorry, the news is not what you or daughter hoped for.It's always our job to pick up the pieces,isn't it?
be proud of getting this far.
Stevew61

She should feel really proud because she's done all this for herself..so motivated. You could show her these supportive messages if she feels down.

If you think appeal is not going to work because of few people not accepting your school and the comp is good,she will be the Creme da la Creme not only in your eyes but also in her school.

Thinking of you>
Well said, LBSWM

Mum10, your daughter achieved a high score in a very competitive environment. She will do brillantly wherever she goes
Mum10

Post by Mum10 »

I will definitetly show my daughter all your lovely comments, yes she did very well coming 103 out of 400 odd! she is my star and i am very very proud of her.
Look on The Bright Side

Post by Look on The Bright Side »

Hi Mum10
We are in the same position with Reading School. Too far down waiting list to be reasonaly opimistic of a place. However when I look at the letter he did so well and his score was less than 2% from the 100th score that got a place ! We live quite far out so, looking at the admissions criteria, other boys who achieved the same score but live nearer will be higher up the waiting list.
Son doesnt even know results are out today - he is really not bothered and I can put a positive spin on this. Good comp, he will be top of the class and be with his friends (and not have to travel too far each day).
Sending you a hug to make you feel better (and a stiff G&T)
x
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Look on the Bright Side, what a lovely post to Mum10

It has brought a tear to my eye and I wish you both the very best.