Consortium Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chad

Re: Consortium Appeal

Post by chad »

Yes..... there are 3 schools in the consortium..Herschel, Langley and St Bernards. As St Bernards is a 'faith' school they do their own appeals...so the combines appeal panel must be Herschel & Langley.
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Hi Chad,

St Bernard's do their own appeal?? I contacted St Bernard's to see if I could appeal for a non qualification but was told that I had to appeal to the consortium sch that was placed on the top of my CAF form. Therefore I appealed at HGS.

St Bernards did say that after the allocation, I could appeal then... but that would still be a non qualification. So why can't they take the appeal before the allocation? If i have to wait until after, there may not be any places left then :-(
chad

Post by chad »

I believe St Bernards only start their appeals after March1st....... so it would not dicriminate against either Non qual or Oversubscription.
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Slough Grammar also do the same!
chad

Post by chad »

Really !... They didn't when part of the consortium.... I remember an aquaintance having their appeal in February!! (2006)
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Chad - If st bernards start there appeal after 1st March, but there closing date has already passed for non qualification (but this needs to be on the top of the CAF form).

I wanted to appeal here but was told that as I have another consortium school about st bernards I will need to appeal at that school. If unsuccessful, then I can come back after 1st march and appeal at st bernards.

Will the allocation be available online on 1st March at midnight? Someone mentioned 5pm on 1st. Which is correct?
chad

Post by chad »

Chad - If st bernards start there appeal after 1st March, but there closing date has already passed for non qualification (but this needs to be on the top of the CAF form).
Again the non transparency of the Consortium appeals :evil: :evil:

This is why no one can tie them down...... it all seems so subjective...... more so than any other area.

I can't tell you when the results will be out (time).... hopefully someone else will see this and let us know.