Consortuim Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HarryM

Consortuim Results

Post by HarryM »

As the last minute madness of waiting for the allocations begins to bite, does anyone have any stats. as to how many children sat the 11+ individually at the 3 schools this year?

Does anyone also know how may passed and are eligible for each school, I suppose this info. will only be available to parents who have already had to go through the appeals process and had the stats read to them.

And just to add curiosity to the mix what proportion of DC who sat the Bucks papers and went to appeal actually were successful so far?

PS I was ok all this week, and had managed to forget that the allocations were going to be released next week, but someone managed to remind me ( curse them ), and minds all a flutter now!!!
chad

Re: Consortuim Results

Post by chad »

Successful Bucks appeals are way ahead of the consortium appeals. Unfortunately I haven't got any figures yet this year for the number who sat the exams.

Good luck for allocation day.
abc123help!

Post by abc123help! »

Hi,

928 sat the Herschel test - this was the figure in our results letter for appeal. At appeal we were not told how many passed. As you may already know, info on Consortium appeals is really thin on the ground, so hope that helps.

Only one more day to wait ...
HarryM

Post by HarryM »

Hi Just wanted to let you all know that I have had the HGS appeal.

Have been told that 200 children passed with scores of 111 or above, and only 120 places will be allocated. 200 is quite low for passses!

Thanks slough mum for the above.

Does anyone have the stats for Langley ie how many sat the test at Langley and how many passed?

Good luck to very one getting their allocations tomorrow.
chad

Post by chad »

Hope the allocations are kind to you..... Good Luck to all who are waiting for their grammar allocation. :)
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

HarryM - these 200 who passed, they have placed HGS somewhere on the CAF (not 1st choice).

So obviously some may even have a Bucks or other consortium school listed above HGS.

Well not long to go before we find out!
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

Slough council updated offers on the website at around 00:10am

Please check online if you have applied online

GOOD LUCK
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Rang Slough Gram and they said there offers have not been made yet... i am confused!!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

What's happening with the consortium results? I was expecting to find a thread where I could see who got in to Langley/Herschel, but the Berks forum seems to be too quiet, apart from lots of posts about Reading - whats happening....?

Am I looking in the wrong place - missing a post?

Also - is it possible to appeal before allocation day? How is it that we knew before allocation day that only 200 children passed?

I have a friend whose dc didnt get any places they had applied for - her dc scored 114 in the consortium exams - does she have a chance in appeals?
chad

Post by chad »

I would appeal and also see where they are on the waiting list. They are deemed 'grammar standard'
It would be interesting to know the 'offers down to ??' for each of the schools.
The admissions criteria have changed for Herschel & Slough Grammar...... and so the offers data will be different.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now