Allocation day 2007

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Last year, the offers from the grammars were sent on different days - I seem to remember
DinAlt

Post by DinAlt »

Hi Worried,

Sorry no I haven't received any letters. I have been told they're being mailed today - as for how I know - well I was told by someone who has since realised they shouldn't have and has asked me not to pass on the details. Sorry if I got people hopes up about a fast answer to all your questions but it seems I was told in error.

Dinalt
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Catherine wrote:Last year, the offers from the grammars were sent on different days - I seem to remember
More I think about it, less sure I am. All I can say is that we were told that the results would arrive on 2nd mach, and they did.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

DinAlt wrote:
I've been a lurker on the site since about May last year - been very good for my nerves reading the posts here. Catherine and a few others deserve medals for the time and effort they put into helping everyone.
As for the result I know my daughter will be delighted and she deserves it - she set her sights on Slough Grammar from the start. Most of all I'm proud of her because she set herself a goal and worked to achieve it.
Here's hoping everyone on the site gets a place in a school thats right for them and their children
Thanks for your kind words, DinAlt.
I hope that your daughter will be very happy at Slough Grammar.
My son is in year 7 there. We may see you next Autumn at the school.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

I have got our allocation letter but phone my local council education dept and was given the information on the phone. It wasn't good news for us, but i still keep my finger crossed that something will work out before Sept start. I was however told all letters go out today and parents will receive tommorrow

Guest1
worried

Post by worried »

DinAlt wrote:Hi Worried,

Sorry no I haven't received any letters. I have been told they're being mailed today - as for how I know - well I was told by someone who has since realised they shouldn't have and has asked me not to pass on the details. Sorry if I got people hopes up about a fast answer to all your questions but it seems I was told in error.

Dinalt
Ok, I thought I got muddled up with the info. Hopefully, we will all get our letters tomorrow.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Worried, best of luck with Herschel, it's nice to hear from you.

But considering your son's score, I don't think that you need it! :D
worried

Post by worried »

Catherine wrote:Worried, best of luck with Herschel, it's nice to hear from you.

But considering your son's score, I don't think that you need it! :D
Thanks for the kind words. Although we think he will get in, I just can't rest until we find out in writing. I must be mad. I have been trying the online info and keep getting the message 'error occured please try again later'. I thought the whole online processing is supposed to give you the information quicker. May be the post will get before the website get fixed.
DinAlt

Post by DinAlt »

Hi Worried / Catherine,

Hope it's good news - post has just arrived here with the confirmation of what we were told yesterday so it shouldn't be long now (unless you've already got your news and are busy celebratring ? :)

Anyway - good luck to all, and yes Catherine hopefully we'll meet sometime in the Autumn :)

DinAlt
worried

Post by worried »

Catherine wrote:I am sure that next year 11+ parents would very grateful to know as many results as possible with some details like score, preferences, offer, ranking on the waiting list is given etc.
Even if you have just been a silent witness so far, we would really appreciate hearing from you.

But more importantly
BEST WISHES AGAIN EVERYONE, AND BEST OF LUCK
We have got the post.

Slough score: 128
1st choice: Herschel
Offered: Herschel

We are over the moon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now