On the waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JB

On the waiting list

Post by JB »

Hope there are not too many unhappy children/parents out there with the admissions outsome. My son took Bucks & Berks 11+ passed both, Berks score was 111. :)

His first choice of school was Herschel and second Burnham. He has been offered Burnaham, I am not too distraught but my son is. :cry: Most of his friends have been offerd Herschel.

He is 12th on the waiting list I dont think this is very optimistic. :? Wondered if anyone has any info on waiting lists, is there hope :?:
chad

Post by chad »

There is always some movement on the lists as there will be families who take up independents. Your son should be very proud of himself, passing in both areas, and although he will make new friends if he goes to Burnham (children are very resilient) I hope he gets his offer for Herschel.
Let us know how things work out.... :roll:
JB

Post by JB »

thanks, totally agree. I did try to prep him because I expected this outcome, I have told him to forget the waiting list and think about the positives of going to Burnham. Although he claims he has accepted this, every time the subject of schools is mentioned his eyes fill up and at the moment everyone is asking.
ARK

Post by ARK »

Hi JB,

My son passed both Reading grammar and Herschel Grammar ,he has been offered in both places

We have decided to take Reading, we will be sending a decline letter to Herschel shortly.

I am sure that you are bound to have drop outs like these, your son has a great chance of getting it in Herschel.

Wish you and your son all the best
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi JB
I know that movement on the waiting lists is possible, last year when we were going through this process with my son, a child in his class was 14th on the waiting list for St Bernard's and eventually received a place Also another child I know who acheived 115 was placed on waiting list for Langley Grammar as they were only taking children who had attained 120 - they also eventually received a place.
Hope this is of help
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Guest3 wrote:Also another child I know who acheived 115 was placed on waiting list for Langley Grammar as they were only taking children who had attained 120 - they also eventually received a place.
Hi JB,

I know of a child who was in the same situation with 116, Langley first preference, and got an offer last year. I agree with everyone else that there is quite a lot of movement on the waiting list after the first round of allocation, although it can take some time and must be quite stressing.

All the best

Catherine
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now