Kendrick exam this week

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chintzy

Kendrick exam this week

Post by Chintzy »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there counting down to the Kendrick test this Friday. Can't believe it's actually here now. :shock: DD totally fed up to the back teeth and if I even mention it, I get a glare! Anyone else out there? Waiting until 1st March will be like some sort of torture....I've read all the old posts in Berkshire, which count down to 1st of March, with great admiration and really think that all the past posters deserve 'nerves of steel medals'. Oh well better get through the exam in one piece first....
aliportico

Re: Kendrick exam this week

Post by aliportico »

Good luck to your daughter for Friday, and good luck to you for the next 3 1/2 months!

(My son's doing Reading on Friday; dd already in Y10 in Kendrick.)
wellprepared

Post by wellprepared »

Hello all,
good luck to all the kids taking exams this week.
Just let me know is scrap paper allowed to work for the verbal reasoning in Kendrick.
like in number relation type k,o my dd needs a piece of paper to work out.........
many thanks
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Good luck to your DD! My son is doing the Reading test on Friday. Two more sleeps!
Chintzy

Post by Chintzy »

Yes, 2 more sleeps...it's a bit like Christmas...only more scary. :( I don't think either of us is ready? Do you EVER feel ready I wonder? Trying to be brave about it.

As for the scrap paper, I'm sure I've read somewhere that it isn't allowed and that you scribble on the paper. Someone in the know, will correct me.

Fingers crossed for your sons doing the Reading test. Might be my ds next year, if we can face it so soon....why did I have kids so close together!! Why didn't I think ahead! GOOD LUCK

Anyone else doing either of the Reading tests this week? Maybe it's just 4 of us!
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

That's so funny because I have a DD that may be taking Kendrick next year too!
I am also thinking nooooo, because we will have to start prep for that before we even know whether ES has got in or not! The pressure.......!
Also agree it's scary...the next 7 years depending on one morning....
Chintzy

Post by Chintzy »

We must be mad.... The thought of getting my son ready for the Reading boys exam, so soon after this one, makes me head for a darkened room and some gin. Wouldn't it be good if we had an extra year? Also, it's tricky having such a young ds in the year. He could do with a bit more maturing! The upside is at least they might get a few points for being young....

It is actually a bit surreal that we are trying for Kendrick. Noone from our school has got in for the last 8 years. It's all become a bit of a urban myth. We are a bit in awe of anyone getting in the top 96!
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Yes, my DD will also be young for the year when she applies, but in contrast my ES is going to be one of the oldest...so no room for error there :roll:

ah yes the elusive 96, best just to think of your DD as her own person who is capable of achieving the grade rather than focussing on statistics (let's be honest- the stats are scary for both Reading and Kendrick!).
Nobody got into Reading from our primary last year, and just one for Kendrick, but that fact does not concern me, as not many apply anyway...
Chintzy

Post by Chintzy »

I like your positivity...it's catching. Feeling better already. There isn't much talk on the forum about Kendrick or Reading 2012 so maybe there arent many entries this year....ha! Ha!
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

hmmm, perhaps they are all doing last minute papers instead of being online :lol: (only joking, sure it's fine :shock: :D )