First Round Offers for Slough Consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ninja11

Re: First Round Offers for Slough Consortium

Post by ninja11 »

Thanks for reply GraniteDad. I thgought that it is max 140 in VR & 140 NVR.
Jignesh Mehta

Post by Jignesh Mehta »

Hi Chad - I am in Ealing around 15 miles away from this school.
chad

Post by chad »

Jignesh,

Historically all Schools have given offers at 115 at some point.

If you do not receive an offer in the first round then I would ring all the schools on your CAF and ensure you are on the waiting list, you could also ask where on the waiting list you are and what was the first round offer score.
This would then give you a better feeling as to where you stand. there has always been movement during March....
Murkris

Post by Murkris »

Hi,

My son passed Langley 11+ exam with 119 overall score - I have Langley as 2nd choice on CAF form- we still await tiffins results on March 1st which is on 1st choice on CAF.

I want to know what would be the chance for my son into Langley admission / seat with 119 score (pass mark : 111) - is it easy / sure to get or difficult based on the historical data of 2011 langley offers ? what do you mean by first round and final round of offers ?

Also I want to know what would the transportation available from Feltham area to Langley - if at all we have to send my son to Langley - mini bus / car pooling etc.

Thanks for answering my queries.

Regards,
Murali
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I don't think anyone can say for sure whether Langley will offer a place or not, as they offer in rank order of score. Going by past data they have offered at 118-120, which I think is the minimum you would need, this year it would depend on how many people got higher than that mark and have it down as first choice.??

Tiffins also give in rank order of score and we will only find out 1st of March. If you qualify for Tiffins, I guess you dont need to worry, but from what I have read and know, I'm sure someone else may add on to this, one of the other slough consortium schools may offer a place if you have listed them on the CAF. I may be wrong, hope Chad can clarify this. My info is all from this site.

First round offers are what you get allocated in March, if you do not get what you want then you go on the school waiting lists and may be offered next round, this is done I believe every month, it can take up to a few months, all depending on where you are on the waiting list.

Hope this helps.
chad

Post by chad »

Historically a score of 119 would get you an offer at Langley(it might not be in the first round).

In March if you do not get an offer from Tiffins and do not get a first round offer at Langley then you accept the offer you are given but ask to go on the waiting lists of your preferred schools.
The offer will be the highest school on your CAF that you qualify for. If you are not high enough in the criteria for any of your named schools then the LEA will offer you a place at a school not on your list. Once you are happy with the offer from the waiting list then you inform your 'accepted' school that you are relinquishing your place.

Hope i have explained that OK.

Chadx
Jignesh Mehta

Post by Jignesh Mehta »

Chad Thanks for the reply.

I might need to come back to you on your advice once we get offer.