115 score good enough ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jignesh Mehta

115 score good enough ?

Post by Jignesh Mehta »

We have received or son marks today and sadly my son has got 115 only. He did work very hard and expected high score not sure what went wrong...We have got Langley, slough and Hershel all in our form. Not sure that with this score can we get into any three of above ? please advice ?
GraniteDad

Re: 115 score good enough ?

Post by GraniteDad »

Langley is unlikely.

SGS & HGS normally accept at that score.
English Emilia

Post by English Emilia »

HGS's final cut-off mark last year was 116, unless you are one of the 50 nearest pupils to the school who pass, in which case you only needed 111. However, as the Admissions Officer told me when I contacted her a couple of weeks ago, there is no point in second-guessing for this year - the cut-off mark could be higher or lower than last year. She did say though, that after the initial offers go out on 1 March, the cut-off mark is generally dropped fairly quickly (last year it dropped from 117 to 116 within a couple of weeks) so a second round of offers was made almost immediately to those on the waiting list. As far as I know, SGS generally accept pupils with a lower score, If you live in Slough and score 111 or above, they try to ensure that you are given a place. 115 is a very respectable score in any case, so hopefully you will get a place at one of the schools of your choice -just a waiting game to find out which one. Good luck!
Jignesh Mehta

Post by Jignesh Mehta »

Emilia thanks for getting back to me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now