Kendrick 2012 results. Quiet before the storm?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SUpple

Re: Quiet before the storm?

Post by SUpple »

The quiet before the storm indeed. I keep thinking that everyone else on here has done something that I haven't, or maybe that you all know something I don't, it's just nerves and anxiety totally getting to me!

Me, paranoid? :lol:
Hermione

Post by Hermione »

I don't think there is anything to know - other than what we all don't know yet!
Sorry to reply late about the 2nd time round thing. I don't think it is any easier. My DD2 was performing better than DD1 when she sat the tests but I feel no more confident. I think there are more kids taking the test now and maybe they are better prepared too. DD2 didn't find the VR particularly complex and that was disappointing to me because I felt it would be easier for her to "show her stuff" with a challenging paper whereas an easy paper can mean high marks all round and places lost on a couple of silly mistakes. Perhaps the hardest thing second time round for the same school is that you know what the school is really like and you know if your DD/DS would thrive and so it is harder to feel enthusiastic about Plan B. Our Plan B is the local comprehensive and it has a good reputation but I know Kendrick would be a better learning environment for the relaxed personality of DD2 who needs academic peer pressure to work up a competitive spirit. It's a long wait isn't it but it looks like I'm going to have company at 00:01 on 1/3/12!
Chintzy

Post by Chintzy »

So nice to hear from mums with dds already at Kendrick. Everyone seems to be so happy with it. Nice to know that should we be lucky enough to earn a place then it really will be worth all the teeth gnashing and custard slice eating :D. I have recently tried so hard to talk up our other option of local comp. So much so now that dd is a bit confused. She thinks that I have gone off whole idea of Kendrick! We've talked at length about the difficulty of getting there, no boys, no playing fields etc etc. If it means that she will feel happy/relieved to go to comp with friends and not upset then that's good isn't it? I almost convinced myself....but who am I kidding. Hoping I can remember password for login on March 1st! Can you really log in just after midnight and have an answer? Or do you probably get an email sometime during the day?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I am nervous enough now and we haven't even taken the test yet - I cannot imagine what it is like for you guys. Unfortunately as a result of the recent catchment changes we no longer have a decent comp as a fallback, we now get the one in Woodley:(
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

OK! On the home stretch now....one more weekend and three school days until we know!

This is my second time around, but feel more nervous now.

Good luck to all those out there still waiting and keep busy.

Jobs lined up this weekend include clearing the garden (front AND back), washing all curtains (been at least 2 years for some of them, yuck), clearing out the music room/study/playroom (junk room!) and downing a few well earned glasses of wine.

How are you all going to pass these last few days?
Keep me distracted!!

MrsB :lol:
Density

Post by Density »

I was doing quite well Not Thinking About It until yesterday when, whilst in John Lewis, DH suddenly says "this time next week we'll know which uniform to buy."
This from a man who has shown little interest in the whole process other than to tell me to stop banging on about it.

We are quite busy this weekend. A family get together on Sunday where no-one will ask about the result as they're not really clued up about 11+.

It's Mon, Tues and Weds that I'm dreading. Any ideas of mind-occupying activities would be very welcome.
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Chillaxing on 'ere, I reckon would be a good option, Density. Keeps one updated you know. Best of luck peeps.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

I've been distracted by my dad having his gall bladder out, and it turning out to be rather more complicated than expected :?: . So tomorrow I'm going to Cardiff to see him in hospital, give my mum some moral support. At least it means I get a child-free day and 3 hours on the train with a book!

I just want to throw up every time I think about it. Stupid thing is that ds is home educated atm, and plan B would probably be to have him at home for a bit longer, which would be fine. Having someone sit in judgement over him is just horrible though :-(
Last edited by aliportico on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

Sorry to hear that, Aliportico, not a good way to be distracted. All the best to your Dad, and thinking good thoughts for your journey.

Let us all know how you get on with both Dad and Son.

It is awful thinking about the judgement issue, as they only have one shot at it and no interview or background from school/home to help create a bigger picture.

let's hope there is more quiet than storm this weekend.
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Hope all gets sorted with your Dad, aliportcio. Hope you receive the news you want for your DS next Thursday.

Hope my ds3 gets into grammar like his brothers. Feel ill just thinking about it. But know what will be will be.