Kendrick and Reading

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Maidenhead Mum

Kendrick and Reading

Post by Maidenhead Mum »

Hi, I have been reading all your posts and enjoyed your successes in getting into Kendrick and Reading but I wondered if someone could shed more light on just how extremely able you need to be to get into these schools. We are in catchment but very little is known about them by the local schools. The head of my daughter's school said Kendrick take the top 2%. I assume she means 2% of national ability range because I know that not just 2% of candidates are successful. I'm not sure how this is measured and how to judge whether my children are possible candidates. They are both able children on academic scholarships (one based on academic performance, the other gained by sitting a non verbal reasoning test) in prep schools and I would have thought they would have had a good chance but since hearing the 2% info, am having doubts. Any info would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Thinking about percentages can put you off before you even start. :(

Yes your child must be bright but it all needs to come together on the day.

Lots of practice, speed and accuracy, a positive response under exam pressure and luck on the day all play a part. Not forgetting the basic maths, english and logic (NVR) skills.

It is a 'big ask' but if you don't try you will never know, the journey is as interesting as the end result, we learnt a lot about each other.

I would suggest that you gently start preperation and see how it goes. :D

good luck

stevew61
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now