Slough Consortium results n choices

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bewildered

Re: Slough Consortium results n choices

Post by Bewildered »

The total figure that achieved 111 or over is not obtainable.
If your child achieved a pass at 111 or above and you know which school you prefer then that is what you need to put on the CAF.
The results are to help you decide, if you might get a place. Obviously each school has it's own criteria.

There are different oversubscription criteria for each grammar.

Herschel allocates the first 70 places on score and then by proximity to applicants who have achieved 111.
Langley is on score within their admission area.
Slough Grammar is the first 100 on on score followed by proximity as above.
St Bernards is a faith school and their admissions policy reflects this.

You can find some historical data on this link

Slough Grammars - historical data on final offers.

The oversubscription criteria for the schools have changed in recent years so some of the data will not be relevant
drummer

Post by drummer »

rashminder12 wrote:Thanks Harrow123, for your information. If this is the case then how many did qualify the exam I mean how many children did manage to score 111 or above.
Can we find this information somewhere from anybody resources or slough borough council? Any idea or information in this regard will be appreciated as it will help everybody to put choices for their children according to their marks in the test.
Eagerly waiting for any response as time is coming near to fill CAF .
Rashminder12

The test is standardised so approx the same number of children qualify each year so the number who have qualified won't help you. The only thing that would help you is knowing exactly which children with which scores are applying for which schools and the schools don't know that until the applications come in.
Mum@2

Post by Mum@2 »

My son got 115. I am so confused as if this is near enough to any of the slough schools. He got 231 for tiffins. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

Mum@2 wrote:My son got 115. I am so confused as if this is near enough to any of the slough schools. He got 231 for tiffins. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
with 115 ur ds would most likely to get slough grammar school if not herschel/langley. but choose the choices as u want in real without thinking if u wud get it or not
Mum@2

Post by Mum@2 »

Thanks Harrow123. Appreciated. I've put herschel as well and left out on Langley as it seems a far cry now. Between slough and St.Bernards, which one shall I put on top. Anyone please help make a choice. We r not catholic though. Thanks.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

As harrow123 advised, put schools as you would like. If you like Langley, put Langley first. Then your second best choice and so on. You will get the school for which you qualifies. If you qualify for more than one school, then you will get which ever is your higher choice (preference).
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Mum@2

Post by Mum@2 »

Many thanks. I've filled in the form now. Just keep editing between slough grammar and St Bernard's. anyone with children there with an advice please on which one on top of the other. 115 qualifies him for these two to be realistic so really confused... :) he's sitting the bucks exam on Monday so have got burnham in the list too. Fingers crossed...
confidentdad

Post by confidentdad »

My DS got 116 and we are from Luton&Dunstable, 40 mile way from slough, can any body suggest which school I need to fill, DS will seat Buch next week. I am ok to reallocate.

Can also suggest whether past allocation cutoff is within the slough consortium or go till that mark and distance doen't matter.
drummer

Post by drummer »

Mum@2 wrote:115 qualifies him for these two to be realistic so really confused.
115 MIGHTqualify him
rashminder12

Post by rashminder12 »

Any one who"s child sat in Reading grammer school specially in boarding allocation.Any suggestions appreciated .