2012 results Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

Re: 2012 results Slough

Post by chad »

Hi Proudmom,

congratulations to your dd.
Do you think you would be close enough to Herschel or Slough grammar to be allocated on the distance criteria?
chad

Post by chad »

Hi BusyMumThree,

Your daughter has done well and it does put you in a very good position for Herschel.
proudmom

Post by proudmom »

Chad,
We are in Harrow. Do you think we are close enough?
Tx for reply.
bahuguna

Post by bahuguna »

Hi
My DS got 117 In slough test. We live in reading and are aware that for slough first 100 places are based on highest achieving score and then by distance. Langley is out of question as it has a catchment policy. Is there any chance that we get in to slough with a score of 117. Please advise as I am really confused....

Thx in advance.
chad

Post by chad »

Nobody can say whether your child will get offered a place or not as it depends on other applicants scores and their choices. As for the distance criteria of Slough & Herschel... again it depends on how many children took the test, achieved 111 or over and live nearer the school than your child. My advice would be to state a grammar (or two) on your CAF and then also include a nonselective option that you know you are within their catchment. Once March comes round (if you do not receive an offer in the first round) you will know the current 'offer cut off score' and decide whether to go for an oversubscription appeal or not. You will have the allocation of the non selective as a back up.
hestondad

Post by hestondad »

My DD scored 126 I am so proud of her !!!
We are hoping for Herschel but as we are way out of Slough (over in Heston) we will have to see if get our first choice. Fingers crossed till 1st March !!!!
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

proudmom wrote:Hi Chad,
thanks fo the post and thread. DD scored 113 and we are in the catchment. Which two schools would you suggest we take a chance on by putting on CAF. We cannot apply to St Bernard's. I know that her chances, given her score, are slim.
Any opinions would be helpful in us making a decision
U r in catchment that is a plus point and u have 6 choices to put in CAF

I would put all 4 schools of slough consortium in CAF unless u r tight with number of schools. St bernards taking non catholics/non christian faiths also if places are not filled by catholic pupil, so dont loose the hopes on st bernards.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now