Langley Music Quota 10%

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ap2004

Langley Music Quota 10%

Post by ap2004 »

Hello, do you know whether you are considered for both music (10%) and normal quote during admission in Langley Grammar or its one or another? My boy got 122 and i live in slough, but exploring all options.
tiffinboys

Re: Langley Music Quota 10%

Post by tiffinboys »

Question for Berks region.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
ap2004

Post by ap2004 »

tiffinboys wrote:Question for Berks region.
yep, sorry. Posted on Berk now.
chad

Post by chad »

I am not completely sure.....

I would have thought that you would be considered under normal admissions policy unless you submit the musical aptitude form by 31st October

After 31 October, applicants to Langley Grammar School who are eligible for consideration on the grounds of their performance in the 11+ tests and who have applied for consideration on the grounds of musical ability will be invited to sit a musical aptitude listening/written test. This is an aural perception test featuring 60 questions relating to Pitch, Melody, Texture and Rhythm lasting approximately 45 minutes. It does not require any previous knowledge of music theory. There are no practice papers for the test.

If you submit the form then you would be considered under both.

More details here

http://www.lgs.slough.sch.uk/page/?titl ... de&pid=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
menhow

Post by menhow »

I hadn't thought about this - but is there a list of grammar schools which have entry via music/dance? Am considering GS in the Berks/Bucks area.

And what level do you think qualifies? DD is in Yr5 and plays Piano/Violin grade 2 and grade 3 in Ballet + Modern/Tap.
chad

Post by chad »

It is only Langley grammar in Slough Consortium that have a music entry.

have a look on the Langley Grammar website.... admissions, there is a lot of info regarding the music criteria.
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

ap2004 wrote:Hello, do you know whether you are considered for both music (10%) and normal quote during admission in Langley Grammar or its one or another? My boy got 122 and i live in slough, but exploring all options.
how does it matter anyway, with 122 anyway ur dc wud get a place as u r in catchment also
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now