Reading School (Reading Boys) 2012 Entrance Test Results for

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cricketDad

Re: Reading School (Reading Boys) 2012 Entrance Test Results

Post by cricketDad »

Just got the results DS got 337.95 ,cuttoff to offer place is 336 as mentioned in letter.
wondering at what % of pupil this score would come- will await reply so that i can be reliefed. this is our first preference school as we have already moved within catchment.
Please recommend
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

cricketdad - you should apply as you are above the cutoff. But based on historical data, you may well end up on the waiting list - see my earlier post. DS1 was ranked 124 two years ago with a slightly higher score (and there were many less applicants) so you'll probably be ranked lower than that.

My reading of the letter is that if you are below 336, they won't offer you a place even if there is space: "Places will not be offered to those candidates who scored a mean standardised total score (including age weighting) below 336". So there is really no point in applying.
GreatReadingDad

Post by GreatReadingDad »

My DS score:
Maths 123.82
English 115.44
Reasoning 125.38
Tatal age standardised score: 364.65 (Born in Sept)
reading 1234

Post by reading 1234 »

congratulations to your DS greatreadingdad
and GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting
GB85

Post by GB85 »

I have received the result & it's above 336 but how do I check the rank,please advice,thanks.
reading-oldtimer

Post by reading-oldtimer »

Some fantastic results posted here this morning, and a huge well done to all the boys who took the Reading test.

My DS score:
Maths 101.50
English 89.0
Reasoning 118.70
Total age standardised score: 321.19

I'm very pleased with DS's score as it was a very last minute decision to take the test, and our preparation involved attempting a few test papers in the week running up to the test. I am worried though that he will see it as failure - any advice?
BaileyLane

Post by BaileyLane »

reading-oldtimer wrote:Some fantastic results posted here this morning, and a huge well done to all the boys who took the Reading test.

My DS score:
Maths 101.50
English 89.0
Reasoning 118.70
Total age standardised score: 321.19

I'm very pleased with DS's score as it was a very last minute decision to take the test, and our preparation involved attempting a few test papers in the week running up to the test. I am worried though that he will see it as failure - any advice?
My advice would be let him know how proud of him you are for giving it a shot with such little prep, and make it clear that this is a way of finding out if the school will suit him, nothing to do with how clever he is or how successful he will be at a different school. My DS isn't old enough for 11+ yet, but my DD just sat for Kendrick so lots of love and reassurance, and a favourite tea or little treat, is the way forward I think.
cricketDad

Post by cricketDad »

cestlavie
Thanks , do we have any input on at what score was the place offered last year or previous year.
do they apply catchment distance as well , actually the score is 337.98 :).
He is actually eligible for Tiffin,Wallington grammer,Slough as well he really wants to get into Reading School which was always his first choice.
His tiffin score is 4 marks above the cuttoff , Slough 5 marks above cuttoff, wallington grammer they have not given any score but have listed he is eligible.

I hope with all this hard work he is offered place in grammer school, he has really worked hard and is also doing really well in his school and is at Level5 and his teached thinks would be reaching Level6 atleast in maths.

Suggestion welcome to put preference on CAF form

Thanks in advance
GreatReadingDad

Post by GreatReadingDad »

Deleted
Last edited by GreatReadingDad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reading 1234

Post by reading 1234 »

We have some very clever 11 year olds. Well done to everyone who sat the exams.