Reading school waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rggparent

Re: Reading school waiting list

Post by rggparent »

Thanks for the update. Saves me calling too! Best of luck, you are very close.....
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

There is a chance of late movement (May?) at Reading when they start chasing boarders for fees. If they can't fill the boarding places then they release them to the day place waiting list. But as always every year is different.........
eagermum13

Post by eagermum13 »

Mrs Impatient thanks for the update. Really helpful. Good luck to u.
eagermum13

Post by eagermum13 »

Hi stevew61...more optimistic after reading ur post .we got RGS which is also good for us but still want to wait as we r not very far in waiting list.
rggparent

Post by rggparent »

Sorry not to have better news for people, but when I spoke to RBC today I was told they are not expecting more movement on the Reading School waiting list as they have processed Reading responses, and the word from other local authorities is that everyone has accepted. Others on this forum have explained this process more clearly than I can, in relation to Kendrick school, which has had no movement at all (and Reading school only moved three places). The lady at RBC said this year's lack of movement was very unusual, but that there may be more movement later in the year as some people accept private school scholarships and withdraw from the grammar schools.
My instinct is now to 'move on' as we have a good state school lined up. I don't really want to make my DS feel unsettled and keep him waiting. What do others think?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Umm, actually, waiting list places can be offered up until the last day, before the new school year starts.

Parents for any amount of reasons; moving, decide to accept offer at private, getting last minute scholarships etc may decide to change thier mind and decline the place. Which they can do at any time. Hence freeing up a much coveted place.

It really is a case of... How long is a piece of string? Although waiting is a pain. Hope is not lost.

Parents deciding to remain on the list after school starts, can also be offered a place in year 7.
I know of 3 that started in my sons year 7 class; two in the first term, and one in the Spring term, off the list.

Please try to be patient and hope. We're only 4 weeks out since allocation day and have many many more before the new school term starts. Anything is possible between now and then. :D
Although news is slower this year, it's still very early days for the waiting list.

Good Luck!

:D

BW
Mrs Impatient

Post by Mrs Impatient »

Just to let you know my son has today been offered a place at Reading School, am I so,pleased :D

The letter came direct from the school.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Mrs Impatient wrote:Just to let you know my son has today been offered a place at Reading School, am I so,pleased :D

The letter came direct from the school.
Congratulations. So pleased for you :D
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Congratulations, Mrs Impatient!

Next stop uniform shop!

:D

BW
Mrs Impatient

Post by Mrs Impatient »

Thank you, my son is so pleased.

At least everyone knows they've moved up 2 places!

Good luck to the rest of you :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now