Indicators that DD can make it or not and other options !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ajayboy

Indicators that DD can make it or not and other options !

Post by ajayboy »

Hi

We live in Hertfordshire - outside Slough catchment. Due to the lack of any grammar schools around , we am looking at other options where catchment rules don’t apply, from reading through the forums looks like most of the slough consortium have places for those outside catchment ( a limited number though). We are also considering moving before the tests but its all nerving i.e. what if we move and DD does not get into the grammar schools , also have a DS in primary school so be sure we can find a place for him.

Things I need to understand and would appreciate help on are

1) What’s the best indicator for me to understand if DD will get the scores to get into the schools
2) If she does not get into the grammar schools and if we do move before her exam - can you suggest any other secondary and primary schools ( for DS) to fall back on

Thanks
vnhbmum

Re: Indicators that DD can make it or not and other options

Post by vnhbmum »

hi,

Regarding slough grammar schools in slough grammar and herschel grammar there are significant places for outside catchment.
Even my dd got on basis of rank order in herschel not on catchment place but that is sure if u move in langley which is really good area to live and some good primary schools it will defenitely open doors of four grammar schools which are langley,herschel,slough and st bernards though st bernards is catholic it does take non catholic quite a few number.And u will be more near to bucks school like burnham in which u get sometimes if u r in slough.Its a matter.It really depends on exam day
lot of factors we can't guess anything.Its not negative its reality.My dd is academically very bright but had a bad day on tiffins second round. Herts has many council schools which r good in league tables.
Bucks is full of grammar schools with catchment.
Moving is a big decision but moving nearer to catchment grammars increases probability of ur dd into grammar bit safer
path I would suggest.
ajayboy

Re: Indicators that DD can make it or not and other options

Post by ajayboy »

Thanks vnhbmum

We are definitely looking at option to move closer to catchment area hence looking for suggestions of good areas to live in with outstanding state secondary and primary schools . If she does not get into grammar she can get into a good school and it will help for my DS who is still in primary

Regards

Ajay
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now