catchment for berkshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
binds

catchment for berkshire

Post by binds »

hi, does anyone knows catchment for Berkshire??? can people living in Berkshire sit for 11+ exams in Buckinghamshire?? we are planning to move in Berkshire.
scary mum

Re: catchment for berkshire

Post by scary mum »

Anyone can sit any 11plus exam. Look on the school websites for the admission policies since they vary. In Buckinghamshire the first hurdle is to achieve a score of 121 in the exam, then the schools' admission policies apply. Some schools admit from outside catchment depending on how popular they are. Many pupils from Berkshire attend Burnham Grammar School.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Anyone can sit any 11plus exam.
A bit of a digression:

This may be true for Berkshire GSs (and for our CSSE schools), but the following is taken from the admissions information for the two GSs in the London Borough of Redbridge:

http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/childr ... version=-1

Of course, they don't actually say you can't apply to take the 11+ for their schools - just that the circumstances will not arise in which they will allow your child to do so :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vnhbmum

Post by vnhbmum »

Hi binds,

As mentioned in my earlier posts, there are 4 gs in berkshire
Langley --- full catchment
Herschel---70 seats on rank order anybody in any county can give exam and 50 on catchment
Slough new name is upton court grammar--100 on rank order and rest 45 on catchment ,min pass 111 for catchment.
St.bernards-Catholic but many non catholic goes as well as it is not filled by all catholic.

Competition is very tough its better if u r in catchment...This year it was around 2000 kids in slough consortium.
My dd is starting this sep herschel(on rank order) so if u need any more info pl. let me know
happy to help.

And for bucks as far as i know in burnham few places are filled by out of county though its 100% catchment.
As bucks is overloaded with gs.
Don't forget bucks has changed to CEM pattern,target is bit tough.

There is nothing hidden in admission criteria its very clear no tricky bits...
Thanks binds...
Hope i answered ur all questions...
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

If you are moving near Reading then there is Reading School (boys) or Kendrick (girls). Both have catchments of approx. 15 mile radius - actually postcode based but it gives you an idea of the area covered. Places within catchment are allocated on score rank. Out of catchment v. unlikely to get a place at either.
hsinam

Post by hsinam »

We have recently moved to the Reading. My dd has started preparing for Kendrick GS. Are there any other schools around where she can sit in?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

if you are asking whether there are any other grammar schools for girls near Reading then there is only the set in Slough