Maiden Erlegh MkII anyone???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Re: Maiden Erlegh MkII anyone???

Post by Bewildered »

Yes Me MkII, has been approved with the proviso that a suitable site can be found in time.

If all goes to plan and a site is found it is due to open in Sept 2015.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Tinkers or Bewildered: Do either of you know _where_ ME mkII are hoping to be? Where the possibilities are? I hear that the East Rdg free school are hoping to be on the Crescent Rd site. Cheers.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

The catchment will be around the Hospital, Palmer park and Cemetery Junction. So somewhere around there, I'd guess.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

No ideas on sites for either ME or ERA, or catchment.

ME free school was touted as having a catchment butting up to the existing ME catchment, however the problems with that is there is a section of existing ME catchment that won't get into ME, but wouldn't be in the free school catchment either.

At some point they will have to consult over their admissions process and I imagine that Reading Council will have some say, as they are doing with the West Reading School at the moment.

The Crescent road site is an obvious place and I know that ERA are interested in that site. Given that ME free school have gone from being 600 places to 900, I don't think he crescent road site will be big enough.

Sounds like plans to use RBH have gone out of the window, I didn't think that was a goer tbh.

I'll PM you TM.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Looks like ME free school will be at the crescent road site. To open Sept 2015.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... t-reading/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Despite Rob Wilson having a go at RBC for buying the site last year when he had plans to use the hospital site.

Apparently RBC bought the land for about £3.2 million and have a long term lead with the EFA, so still own the land. The lease will effectively cover the cost of the loan taken out.