Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rocketmanbkk

School preferences question

Post by Rocketmanbkk »

Hi All

I hope someone can help me!!

So my child is currently yr 5 and taking 11 + tuition to try to assist her in the exams in yr 6 for Slough Schools.

My question is, if we put for example Langley Grammar as our first preference, Upton, Herschel & then langley Academy, do schools look down on this? In that I mean will Upton, who may be a third choice look and choose the people who put them as 1st 2 nod choices etc.

Its difficult to explain!

If the pass mark was say 115 and she got 115 but langley was over subscribed would Herschel think well she's not our 1st or 2nd choices so we dont want her.

How does it work?

Thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: School preferences question

Post by Sally-Anne »

This should answer most of your questions: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chester

Post by Chester »

I am trying to get my head around the application process. DS didn't pass the 11+ but in order to make an appeal I still have to apply to the school but does it have to be 1st choice on the CAF form or do I still have the right to appeal even if I put it 2nd or 3rd?

I should add that the other 2 schools we would apply to are non selective and we are in catchment.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

If you don't put it first and get the higher choice, what would be the point in appealing?

Hope I have understood your question.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now