CAF Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tbaby21

CAF Form

Post by tbaby21 »

Hi All,

As the results are just over a week away, I just want to query filling out the CAF form.

If my DD is successful next week, do I need to make another application to Kendricks or just select them on my online CAF form ? I'm asking because in other borough's you need to re-apply to the school again and include them in CAF.

Thank you ...
tiffinboys

Re: CAF Form

Post by tiffinboys »

I think that all the regions have similar system.

Once you have submitted CAF, you have the option to amend it till the closing date.

If you don't need to change your preferences after submitting the CAF, you don't need to any thing more.

If you amend it, only then you need to re-submit online so that changes are recorded.
tbaby21

Post by tbaby21 »

Many thanks for your reply.

What I am asking is, will I need to re-apply to Kendrick, (paper application - or is there one ?) as my niece who took the Watford consortium exams, was successful and now my sister in law has to fill in another school application form (specific for each school ) and include them on her online CAF form.

Is there a second form for Kendricks, or do they pass on the original form, with photograph, I sent back in July to Reading admissions ?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Just the CAF to fill in.
The school pass on the test results to Reading BC and they use those to award places.
The form was just to apply to take the test. As far as I know they don't pass those to RBC anyway.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

and there are big advantages to doing the CAF online as you find out your result on allocation day - I was checking emails in the ensuite at 4am so that I would have an answer for DD by the time she woke :oops: . If you apply by post your school allocation comes back the same way - often 2nd class.
DadFromEngland

Post by DadFromEngland »

I have similar question too. Lets take this scenario

1.DS pass reading boys but may not be enough(we will not know at this time)
2. DS pass tiffins with high marks

Now when filling the form if I give reading boys as first priority, am I spoiling chances in tiffins also ?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Equal Preference System Information, should help with your questions.
Alternatively, If you are a yr6 parent, Your LEA should have already sent you a 'Guide to Secondary School Admissions' booklet. All of this is fully explained in there.

:D

Bw
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DadFromEngland wrote:I have similar question too. Lets take this scenario

1.DS pass reading boys but may not be enough(we will not know at this time)
2. DS pass tiffins with high marks

Now when filling the form if I give reading boys as first priority, am I spoiling chances in tiffins also ?
In short, no. The schools don't know where you put them. If you don't get Reading, them Tiffin will be treated as though you put them first. Put schools on the CAF in the order YOU want.

The link BW posted explains it all.
DadFromEngland

Post by DadFromEngland »

Thanks for answers. I understood now.