108 Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gunner

108 Appeal

Post by Gunner »

Is it worth appealing with a score of 108? DS did really well in CATS, and was doing well in tests . Is it worth getting written back up from school
Gunner

Re: 108 Appeal

Post by Gunner »

Any one out there in a similar position or have been? Any advice would be much appreciated
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

you haven't mentioned which school
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Think the only school that we may have a slim chance is Upton Court Grammar
Corioboria

Post by Corioboria »

I'm going to be appealing to St Bernards with 110 score. I don't have any infor that will help you yet, but goig into the primary school tomorrow to meet the Head & I'll let you know if I find anything useful out
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Thanks v much. Is it best to find out first if the Head at my daughters primary is willing to support our application. Im just confused on what to put on the CAF form. Shall I put Upton as a first choice or a back up school?
chad

Post by chad »

If Upton is your first choice then put that first, the equal preference system ensures that it doesn't affect your eligibility for your second choice school. You need the school on the CAF to be able to appeal for a place.
The appeal for Upton will be for non qualification and for a place.
You need evidence of high ability over and beyond the 111 pass mark (top sets, predicted 555 SATS,high achiever within the school), this can be from all academic areas (SATS & CATS included) and would be helped by school support, also why you think your child did not achieve on that particular day. If there wasn't any particular reason then say so..... everyone can have an off day, was there an area that brought their score down? Verbal/Non verbal is there a reason for this?. You also need to say why Upton is your preferred school and why it would be the most appropriate school for your child.
HTH
Chad
chad

Post by chad »

There was also the possibility of a remark (back in 2005) I am not sure whether it is still an option..... There was a fee but was refunded if the score was proved to be incorrect.
This might be an option?
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

How do I ask for a remark? Is it Slough council?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Call the school where DS sat the 11+, directly. Do it soon or you won't get the result in time for the CAF deadline.
Don't forget half term starts for many schools on Friday (Many have an inset day on Friday).

Good Luck

Bw