11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dvnp

Re: Reading School results

Post by Dvnp »

Max standardised score 394.65
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

readingss wrote:Could anyone please give some guidance based on their past experience on the score of my son (342.58), and the distance of 1.6 miles from the school, whether he stands a chance at all or should we just look out for other options. We are really confused and would appreciate any help.
Last year was the first year that marks were given for Reading, so you can look through last year's posts and see who was successful with what scores. No one here knows any more than that, I'm afraid.

As long as you're within the designated area, your distance is immaterial. If you would like the chance of a place there, put it top of your CAF. Hopefully you have a plan B that you are happy with too.
AAdad

Post by AAdad »

Our DS scored 375.89 - Pleased with the score :D
readingss

Post by readingss »

Thanks for your response aliportico.

We have a plan B but have to decide on either/or.
Not too sure if the cut off for getting into reading boys last year was 343.

Also this year max standardised score has come down from 412.89 to 394.65, don't know whether this makes a difference in the ranks?
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Honestly, no idea - with the marks only being made public last year no one can really judge.

If plan B is a state school(that you think you will get a place at) , then list the schools in your genuine order of preference. If plan B is an indie you might feel happier going for it anyway, but from what I can tell people often delay their final acceptance until after 1st March (or 3rd March I think it is next year).

But if you don't apply to Reading, you definitely won't get a place :)
readingss

Post by readingss »

aliportico wrote:Honestly, no idea - with the marks only being made public last year no one can really judge.

If plan B is a state school(that you think you will get a place at) , then list the schools in your genuine order of preference. If plan B is an indie you might feel happier going for it anyway, but from what I can tell people often delay their final acceptance until after 1st March (or 3rd March I think it is next year).

But if you don't apply to Reading, you definitely won't get a place :)
Thanks for your response. :)
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Good luck :) Your son did very well, I hope he's pleased :)
Audreylawyer

Post by Audreylawyer »

:D My DS passed the boarding exam. Now we just have to hope that there are not 12 boys who scored better than he did.

Roll on National Allocations Day :roll:
readingss

Post by readingss »

aliportico wrote:Good luck :) Your son did very well, I hope he's pleased :)
Thanks :) yes he did, he was a little disappointed, probably was expecting more, but he has made us very proud.

Kudos to all DC who appeared for 11 plus, all of them have worked very hard. I am sure they all had a good learning experience and would do very well for themselves in future. :D
ses

Post by ses »

I hope this helps with all the uncertainty involved with what the scores mean. Last year the pass score was 336. Our DS scored 342.2. In March, he missed the top 100 places and was placed 9th on the waiting list - and was offered a place in June (we're in catchment). For those worried about how they might cope if they're at the lower end of the 100, DS is doing just fine!
Obviously, not sure what will happen this year but hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now