Reading School previous year numbers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

etranger

Reading School previous year numbers

Post by etranger »

hello all,

received a letter from Reading Boys, and got confused with so many different scores.

Sorted those largest to smallest :

394.65 - highest score on 1 Oct 2013 test (this is clear, no questions)

ZZZ - (unknown score) - [get-in cut-Off] - as school is oversubscribed, this is a lowest score offered place without watelisting

YYY - (unknown score) - Score of the last boy accepted from waiting list

336 - [pass cut-off] no offers will be made for place for anybody below this score (initially?). Not sure if you can get waitlisted with this score or below ...

189.99 - lowest score received on 1 Oct 2013 test (this is clear, no questions)

What are historical numbers for ZZZ and YYY for 2013, please ? anybody knows ?

Or this is not oversubscibed school and ZZZ is symply equals to 336 and YYY is less than 336 and basically all candidates below can get waitlisted ?

thank you.

== edited to make question clearer ==
Reading Mum

Re: Reading School previous year numbers

Post by Reading Mum »

it is oversubscribed and you won't get in with a score below the cut-off even if there are spaces
etranger

Post by etranger »

thank you, reading mum,
do you know cut-off for getting-in for past year ?
mtpebbles

Post by mtpebbles »

Cut off 2012 336 (same as this year)
etranger

Post by etranger »

mtpebbles,
apologies to point out but you did not read the question corretly.

There is a difference between pass- and get-in cut-offs and I think Reading School is using slightly different terminology than other schools.

in other thread of forum I've got following response:

"Last year the pass score was 336. Our DS scored 342.2. In March, he missed the top 100 places and was placed 9th on the waiting list - and was offered a place in June (we're in catchment)."

hope you find my illustration useful :

mtpebbles

Post by mtpebbles »

Hi

Yes, I was aware the cut off point was 336 as the minimum mark for 2012 but could not answer the actual cut off to get in as per the last boy as you probably have to contact the school or parents of the particular DS for this. This is why I did not say ZZZ equals 336 but was only giving a number to the cut off referred to by Reading Mum. :)

It would be nice to know the cut off score for the last child getting in but not necessarily that useful as the last child to accept may have entered partially through the academic term replacing a child who is leaving for other reasons. However this child could have been for example: number 329 on the waiting list but only because waiting list no.s 314 to 328 did not want the space as they had settled in their new school, moved, etc. So for the present situation, where parents want to know their chances prior to the March LA offer, it may be probably be best to ask what no. in the waiting list was the last child to be accepted before the start of term as the score may differ a bit between 314 to 329. Therefore the actual cut off score my be less useful in this case as long as they are above the minimum cut off.

BTW : Sorry for any confusion as to the clarity of which cut off I was giving (prior to your edit). :? Nice graph though! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now