321 days to go to Kendrick 2014 Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
amnash

Re: 321 days to go to Kendrick 2014 Test

Post by amnash »

Hello everyone,,, I am here Sona, tired, hot and exhausted,,,looking forward to have a break like you,,, but not for long,,, got dd school report it says she made huge progress this year, I then asked for her levels and they are 5c for both math and reading and 4a for writing, do you think this is good or at least does it mean anything?
I am still not sure about dd maths sometimes she is brilliant and other times she doesn't even know how to do basic operations :|
All the best for everyone,,
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

sonasona wrote:I hope so berks_mum, anyone can sit it but they won't count if they don't already live in the area 8)

I still reckon circa 115 qualification score if they still stick to the max 141 mark. We don't know enough about the breakdown of subjects, score range etc...........can't you ring Kendrick and ask them berks_mum? They are bored of hearing from me :lol:

btw with 57 days to go where is everyone else? Where's amnash?
I definitely would call the school when I come back. Going away for 2 weeks holiday.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Still 36 days to go, dd would prefer to do it this month rather than next! Me too 8)
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

amnash wrote:Hello everyone,,, I am here Sona, tired, hot and exhausted,,,looking forward to have a break like you,,, but not for long,,, got dd school report it says she made huge progress this year, I then asked for her levels and they are 5c for both math and reading and 4a for writing, do you think this is good or at least does it mean anything?
I am still not sure about dd maths sometimes she is brilliant and other times she doesn't even know how to do basic operations :|
All the best for everyone,,
OMG, you are describing my DD here. I wish there was some cure for the fluctuation in maths. Hope it doesn't worsen on exam day.
amnash

Post by amnash »

36 days :( omg this is close. Good for you and your daughter sonasona that you can't wait,, you are ready for it, well done,,,

I just want it to finish now as I want my life back whatever the outcome will be,, I don't feel she is ready yet but we can't do more than what we are doing,,, we are just back from a week holiday I will see if this really will help with the final prep,,,,

berks_mum let's hope that the exam day won't be one of those days :)
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

1 month today!

Serious question time folks!

Taken from the Kendrick Familiarisation booklet 'Answering the questions
• All answers are to be completed on the separate answer sheet. Answers should not be written on the question
booklet.'

So looks like the children will need to read the Question paper then cross over to an Answer Booklet and mark the answers on there. Do they then need to mark the numerical numbers with both the answer ie. 38 and then put a line through 3 and through 8??? That would be just evil :twisted:

So they have to be quick at answering the questions, answer them accurately and then accurately transfer the correct answers over to the answer sheet..........this is too much :(
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

sonasona wrote:1 month today!

Serious question time folks!

Taken from the Kendrick Familiarisation booklet 'Answering the questions
• All answers are to be completed on the separate answer sheet. Answers should not be written on the question
booklet.'

So looks like the children will need to read the Question paper then cross over to an Answer Booklet and mark the answers on there. Do they then need to mark the numerical numbers with both the answer ie. 38 and then put a line through 3 and through 8??? That would be just evil :twisted:

So they have to be quick at answering the questions, answer them accurately and then accurately transfer the correct answers over to the answer sheet..........this is too much :(

Yes it is horrible, now can you understand why my poor little man with his eyes reading at different speeds and ending up in a blur, didn't stand a blooming chance! He remembered seven occasions clearly where he tried to put his mark in the box only to find a mark already in it. On one of those occasions he didn't gave time to trace back to where he missed one and jumped down a row, so had no idea how many he displaced. On other occasions he saw the error a few lines up, but was panicking so hard he opted for just moving on. Orange text on a paler orange background is also hideous for children with visual or dyslexic issues and is a contravention of every guideline for producing public information text in the uk. All text should be blue or black on cream or white, with a minimal 12 points, yet a test sat by thousands of children can apparently disregard this simple regulation.

Son number three can easily track his place on multi choice sheets BUT even he made a few errors when we were still practicing before spring and I was doing patricias suggested drill of simply getting them to fill in long answer sheets from a list of correct answers in tiny amounts of time.
Best to have a go at this drill sona, bright children were rubbing out blocks of answers in every test centre last year.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Thanks sb3 - glad I brought the subject up

So just to clarify they do need to put a line against both 3 and 8 if the answer is 38? :shock:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Yes, it is shown in the familiarisation test like this:

So you would run down each column and score across the 3 and then the 8 using the guidelines.
There was some multi choice as well.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

One good thing though is that each section has it's own answer grid so that is they do go wrong it'll only affect that section. We did no tracking practice at all, ds has good eyes (only member of family blessed with them) and didn't have any problems. Now thinking maybe I was just blasé about the whole thing and should practice this with dd :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now