321 days to go to Kendrick 2014 Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

berks_mum

Re: 321 days to go to Kendrick 2014 Test

Post by berks_mum »

I am planning to post my application Tomorrow.

Speed : Don't worry about speed she will get it with practice. There is still time.

Difficulty level : Most children found CGP papers hard. Kendrick website says, 'Candidates are expected to show competence in skills appropriate to Key Stage 2 English and Mathematics and to be able to apply these creatively. They will be tests for which no additional preparation is necessary.'

Performance Indicators: CEM test and vocabulary required is unpredictable so I don't know if practice paper scores would be a true performance indicator. To answer your question, I have read scores from 75% to 95% on this forum. I have also read that the raw CEM scores (in Burmingham region) averages around 50%.

Publications : With no directions from CEM,I guess, most of us are practicing all the available materials/publications. Some may be reading more books/using websites to build extra vocabulary.
Here are a few publications -
1) Bond
2) Letts
3) CGP
4) Athey papers
5) IPS
6) First past the post
7) Bright sparks
8.) Walsh
9) Learning Together
10) GL Papers ( NFER ?)
11) Alpha series

Please add, if I have missed any. Above papers are not in any particular order and we are yet to do many of them. We are planning to do a second round of papers next week and I really doubt if we will be able to cover all/half of the publications in given time.

I hope this helps.
amnash

Post by amnash »

Thanks Berks-mum for the assurance and suggestions,,, the day is approaching and we are trying as much as we can ,,,, I feel if the exam is still following the old format dd will have a good chance but with the change and the math and English we still need to practice more and more,,,
amnash

Post by amnash »

Is anyone planning to sit the SD mock in Winnersh,, what are your views on it dear parents,,,, are there any good mock tests suitable for Kendrick CEM test,,, thanks
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

amnash wrote:Is anyone planning to sit the SD mock in Winnersh,, what are your views on it dear parents
Honestly, the feedback through our local community is their course this year is all over the place, it's really hard to make sense of the homework schedule, the lessons are too long and too far apart and there is hardly any feedback on an child's individual progress. Probably not what one wants to hear but there are parents out there who feel they are not really gaining much especially since 99% of the material being used is already well known on this forum. They are also aggrieved by the fact they have to pay for the mock exams in addition to the course fees!

That's not to say the mock exams won't be any good, probably still worth a try considering there's not much more out there for CEM. We won't be doing them, Just one more Sutton session is enough for us until the real test Sep 13th.

Btw now just 111 days to go 8)
amnash

Post by amnash »

Thanks sonasona for your reply,,, this helpful not just for dd1 with whom we are busy now preparing but also for dd2 who is in yr3 ,,,,, I will check the Sutton to see if we can do one during July ,,,
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

amnash wrote:Is anyone planning to sit the SD mock in Winnersh,, what are your views on it dear parents,,,, are there any good mock tests suitable for Kendrick CEM test,,, thanks
I would check if the answer paper is returned with some feedback. Without feedback, it is difficult to know the DCs weaker areas.
Uttara1

Post by Uttara1 »

Hi,
Sutton mock test sounds a good option for mock experience! I wonder which one to book with? There are so many options online I found. Need suggestion to book with the genuine one please!
Kind regards,
Uttara1
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

100 days to go.......down to serious business now :shock:
ng786

Post by ng786 »

Hi all

Not long to go now....only a few months.....
was just wondering what u all think.....would it be worthwhile to get a mock test done
so dd gets a feel of what it would be like on the day.... :)
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I wanted to update my original posting but noticed it had been closed.................http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 70&t=37695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, for those that are interested I've had a lengthy conversation with Kendrick school over the last 2 weeks and they have confirmed the first-test score only counts within the Berkshire consortium test, its really only for those sitting a test on Sep 13th and then sitting a late test elsewhere in the consortium. They also confirmed other schools will be sitting the same test on Sep 13th.

The two people I spoke to there acknowledged their admission notes were not so clear about the topic and advised not only had they received lots of calls on the subject, but were also aware of Reading Boys getting lots of enquiries.

Therefore you may sit other CEM tests prior to September 13th without fear of being penalised.

We've just done Sutton B and that's enough for us until September...............Good luck to everyone else!

Sona
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now