Kendrick and Reading allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

marcella1

Re: Kendrick and Reading allocations

Post by marcella1 »

In 2012, no. 20 on the waiting list was offered a place and last year it only went as far as no.9, probably due to the new process.
coach

Post by coach »

OK everybody I have received the waiting list letter from Kendrick.
DD is placed no 6 on the list of 54....Deja Vu from Steve's post from 2013.
ses

Post by ses »

supma wrote:Does anyone has any update on Reading school cutoff? Any idea when we get to hear about our position on the waiting list.
Thanks.
Our DS was 10th on the waiting list and was offered a place at the end June. Not sure if he was the last.... In addition, because not all the boarding places were taken up, boys on the waiting list were offered the opportunity to take up these boarding places (to take as boarders, not day boys).
supma

Post by supma »

Thanks ses.
That is interesting, I always thought that the school converts unused boarding places into day boys.
Sorry I am bit confused. Does it mean that your son was offered as a boarder and not as a day boy?
ses

Post by ses »

supma wrote:Thanks ses.
That is interesting, I always thought that the school converts unused boarding places into day boys.
Sorry I am bit confused. Does it mean that your son was offered as a boarder and not as a day boy?
Hi, sorry, I didn't make it clear. I think we (along with everyone else on the waiting list) received a letter in May saying that there were some boarding places that hadn't been taken up so they were offering these places to all boys on the day waiting list. The places were for boarding places only, and if more boys came forward to take them up, then they would offer the places to boys placed highest on the waiting list. Only after this process, and if not all boarding places were taken up, would the places revert to 'day' places.

We chose not to take up one of these places as we didn't want our son to board, but I think they did all get taken up as we didn't receive the offer of a day place at the end of June.
supma

Post by supma »

Thanks again ses. It was really useful information to know.
readingss

Post by readingss »

boarder69 wrote:Our letter from Reading School arrived today - our son got in with score of 345.

Hope the news is good for all of you waiting.

Best wishes boarder69 to you & your son!
Any information if the last few 100 boys were taken at score less than 345 or less?
I'm on waiting list & trying to assess my chances as we get to know only by end June ('ses' confirmed to have got a place offered by June last year at 9th waiting).
ses

Post by ses »

readingss wrote:
boarder69 wrote:Our letter from Reading School arrived today - our son got in with score of 345.

Hope the news is good for all of you waiting.

Best wishes boarder69 to you & your son!
Any information if the last few 100 boys were taken at score less than 345 or less?
I'm on waiting list & trying to assess my chances as we get to know only by end June ('ses' confirmed to have got a place offered by June last year at 9th waiting).
You'll probably get a letter from Reading Boys later this week/next telling you where you are on the waiting list - at which point your sons score is irrelevant, it's just the place that matters. But it's worth checking with Reading Borough Council, who hold the list once every couple or months or so to see about movement on the list, as they don't inform you until/if you get offered a place.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

coach wrote:OK everybody I have received the waiting list letter from Kendrick.
DD is placed no 6 on the list of 54....Deja Vu from Steve's post from 2013.
Hope the list moves further and faster than last year.
readingss

Post by readingss »

Hello all - my son is on the school's wait list since mid-March of this year.
Good news - I have a chance for my son, but not without the support of you parents who may have been lucky to get a place in 1st list and 'finally decided not to accept it'!
I humbly request (and on behalf of other parents who's son's are on wait list) that if any of you have decided not to go-ahead with your admission place with the school, it would benefit hugely to me, if you could inform the Reading Council about your decision and hence the wait list can move up quickly.
Most of us (wait listed parents) have to take some strong decisions regarding school admissions as alternate options, hence this request :)

Many thanks in advance!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now