CEM Test dates in other regions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonasona

Re: CEM Test dates in other regions

Post by sonasona »

Like DG says, there are schools with limitations. However most of the Counties using CEM exams don't impose such restrictions and quite openly state children from outside of the region are able to sit the tests, whether they gain a place at these schools further away of course is another question.

Kendrick allow anybody anywhere in the world to sit their exam (respect to our Australian entrant last year :wink:)..........why should we be restricted to go elsewhere and sit other tests?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

As far as I am aware, anyone can apply to take the CSSE test (not that that will get you anywhere if you want a CEM mock) and the CCHS test (which is the "Essex" one on September 13th, but BTW this is a girls' school :lol: ).

I think Redbridge is gong over to CEM this year; now, they do restrict test-taking to a Defined Area - Redbridge and Waltham Forest. I'm not sure whether they steer clear of falling foul of whichever judgement by not using exact borough boundaries - something about "natural boundaries" springs to mind - or by saying that in the unlikely event that they don't fill all the places at Woodford / Ilford from within the Defined Area, they will allow outsiders to sit the test.

Redbridge test tends to be on the "non-pupil day" at the beginning of the first week in September, I think.

By the way, I'm assuming that the folk who seriously consider making their offspring take other areas' 11+ exams just for practice are in a completely different subset from those who consider appealing when the time comes on the grounds that little Jacintha-Jayde did badly because she was exhausted by having to sit three papers on the same day :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Anyone can sit in Warks. In the south, only those in the priority area will get offers in the first round of allocations. However, after that the waiting list is down to scores only, so in theory a child with a v high score from Timbuktu could get an offer! :shock:

JD
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

JamesDean wrote:Anyone can sit in Warks. In the south, only those in the priority area will get offers in the first round of allocations. However, after that the waiting list is down to scores only, so in theory a child with a v high score from Timbuktu could get an offer! :shock:

JD

Do they have public school buses or do we need to club together and hire a private bus? If anyone that lives in or near Timbuktu could just PM me.... :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

f anyone that lives in or near Timbuktu could just PM me.... :lol:
Timbuktu is pretty horrid at the moment with French v rebel fighting etc. Perhaps opt more locally, I hear Invereray is rather nice, it's easy to pass your driving test and local uni fees would not be a problem, a bit chilly though, and the daily commute to London is rather long.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

phew....panic over guys......I've checked and our coach is thankfully available for the Summer, provisionally booked :lol:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/anthonyfalla/4521571958/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Not sure about the crew....I think they may crumple under pressure, they also look a bit rigid. :lol:
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

:lol:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Bagsie me not siting on the top deck...It doesn't look very waterproof up there... :lol:
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

sonasona wrote:Like DG says, there are schools with limitations. However most of the Counties using CEM exams don't impose such restrictions and quite openly state children from outside of the region are able to sit the tests, whether they gain a place at these schools further away of course is another question.

Kendrick allow anybody anywhere in the world to sit their exam (respect to our Australian entrant last year :wink:)..........why should we be restricted to go elsewhere and sit other tests?
I am under the impression that wherever you first take the CEM test that's the score considered for all your applications ...so I can't take another county as a mock now.
For eg I take the bucks test on sept 11th and then the reading in 13th which score will be considered???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now